Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broke86Yam
    • Sep 2012

Well, shit, I guess I gotta ask.

(Admin, if this is in the wrong spot, please move it.)

Alright 33ers. I hate to ask this, but I moved to San Diego a couple months ago and have been looking for work. My old lady and I have been living off the money she makes driving for Lyft and Uber. That barely covers the bills and groceries. I got a job offer a couple days ago to start next week. Great news, until Murphy reared his ugly fuckin face and my back tire went flat. My bike is the only means of transport I have right now. We don't have the funds to get a new tire, and the hole is one that was patched before so now it's actually a tear. I really hate to ask, but I started a go fund me so I can get the new tire and get it balanced. The go fund me is https://www.gofundme.com/435m4mqw. Any thing will help. Also, if you know where I can get a decent tire in San Diego on the cheap please let me know. If you can help save me some money by balancing the tire for me, I will kick some funds your way, along with some whistle wetter.

EDIT: I already signed up for the tire give away in the sticky.

P.S. If you have never used Lyft or Uber, P.M. me and I will give you a code for $20 toward your first ride.
    Last edited by Broke86Yam; 10-04-2015, 3:29 PM.
  • Jesse13
    • Nov 2010

Find 24 cycles in San diego . Bring Adam a case of coors lite and I'm sure he could find you a used tire to get you through from his inventory . What's this balance thing you speak of ?

Comment

• ironhead86
      • Feb 2011

Check classifieds guy just threw some on. If you were closer*

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
        • Apr 2010

what size tire, besides, why spend on what you call whistle wetter, when you could apply that money towards what you need. some flat head screw drivers you could mount your own.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
          • Apr 2010

everybody I know that's used that code, don't work, but I digress what size tire you need.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

what size tire, besides, why spend on what you call whistle wetter, when you could apply that money towards what you need. some flat head screw drivers you could mount your own.
            Quoted for truth. Learn to mount your own tires. If I raced I'd balance mine, but haven't balanced any of many street tires since the early 1990s. I stopped because they perform without problems.

Learn the general lessons of systematic self-sufficiency. Always hunt for spare parts free or cheap before you need them. Always hunt more tools and the knowledge to use them for their intended purpose and in ways not intended by the makers. Study how to get "more out of everything". Study technology, the more and varied the better. Knowledge is power and power is choice.

When I was younger I'd do jobs shop owners didn't care for in return for parts. Even if a shop gives OP a tire he should offer to do something like yard cleanup or helping part out junkers for it. That's showing class and your reputation will follow you.

I have some talented but eccentric redneck bros who are essentially poor by choice, but they always have rides and can fix everything they own. What they do have is determination.

Comment

• some1else
              • Jun 2011

they have obama care,maybe the should start obama tires

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;