Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoghead
    • Jun 2015

Pretty doggone slick? I'd say there was a good chance of that. Friend of mine has just been bequeathed an old SBF digger. They eliminated the ugly head stock with that build, but if yer man wants rat look then I guess he ain't worried. Don't recall anyone building rough looking diggers back in the day. Most of them were show ponies.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

But do you see the blurb about their boast of it being made on 1940's equipment? It's like , artisanal, man.
      I caught the lathe pic and instantly knew they weren't rocking CNC since a turning center would knock it out quick and easy. I'd push the artisanal aspect too. Chobbers are ART which happens to have wheels. Sell parts accordingly and get paid.

If it got me skull I promote my pud that way. It's organic, old growth, free range and has deep, rich patina.
      Last edited by farmall; 11-01-2018, 2:25 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by bpeak
        What type of exhaust might be planned?

I still have that XLR drag pipe setup that came on my donor bike that I didn't use...
        No clue what he has in mind for the exhaust ...

So far he is in the thought process of putting together what he does want to do ... ??

He's got a oil tank, a sticker and a whole 1974 CH .... That's a pretty good start ....

Kinda sitting back to see where it's headed to .... ??

Hope to see the motor work start up soon, going to 86 cubies will take some time to do and a few sack fulls of krona's ... !!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Hoghead
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by farmall

If it got me skull I promote my pud that way. It's organic, old growth, free range and has deep, rich patina.
          Well, if it gets ya skull, then I guess it's all good!

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dragstews
            Well .... He bought it ....

Now he wants me to build it ....

He's wanting to build up a street-digger out of it ....Let's see how this build goes together ... ??

Just for somethin' to look at:

A bunch of diggers old and new...
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
                Oh man, thanks for that, I do love a Sporty digger to death!

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Sporties have the right lines for a digger. I think their engines look better than big twins in that style.

Comment

• seaking
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by farmall
                    I caught the lathe pic and instantly knew they weren't rocking CNC since a turning center would knock it out quick and easy. I'd push the artisanal aspect too. Chobbers are ART which happens to have wheels. Sell parts accordingly and get paid.

Art that sells 3 units, it doesn't justify buying manual machines.

Comment

• seaking
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Dragstews
                      This will be the look he's after ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88282[/ATTACH]
                      That sportster makes me wish I too was 4 feet tall.....

Comment

• shovel625
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Hoghead
                        Hey-spending money is good for the economy. But do you see the blurb about their boast of it being made on 1940's equipment? It's like , artisanal, man. Gives more bragging rights at hipster bike shows and in pretentious chopular small magazines. At least the new repop won't spit oil over the rider, i'm told the original did.
                        On a more positive note, that knuck in the earlier post is the mutt's nuts. Also, the vard front end looks the biz on that Indian, but some indian front ends looked queer anyway.
                        im not sure whats wrong with enjoying the use of vintage equipment. Does that make me "hipster" bc i like things from the old days?

I know Jeff Leighton and crew have been making a badass version of the Vards?

I dont think using old tools has anything to do with bragging rights, i started as thats what i can afford and now i just prefer old shit, cars, bikes, house, technology

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

[quote]
                          Art that sells 3 units, it doesn't justify buying manual machines.
                          [/qupte]
                          I think you mean CNC machines.

One front end could pay for a couple of large manual lathes with change left over for tooling. The larger lathes are harder to sell because most people don't know how to move them cheap and easy.

Serious collectors are rich so they can afford whatever it takes. The high end always have money. The lower and middle have to prioritize.

Comment

• Hoghead
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by shovel625
                            im not sure whats wrong with enjoying the use of vintage equipment. Does that make me "hipster" bc i like things from the old days?

I know Jeff Leighton and crew have been making a badass version of the Vards?

I dont think using old tools has anything to do with bragging rights, i started as thats what i can afford and now i just prefer old shit, cars, bikes, house, technology
                            Re old tools. Nope-it doesn't , my younger brother has insane skill with old tools and i'm glad someone is keeping these skills alive. I wish I had those skills too, to be honest!
                            Old shit? I love it too, have a Pan amongst other old bikes. Problem is old shit has become fashionable, which is a double-edged blade. Can anyone deny that the price of old shit hasn't spiralled partly due to demand from people who want to play retro-dress up at elitist 'name' events? I've observed some very judgemental behaviour from people with no more credentials than deep pockets, most notably in the hotrod scene.
                            Mostly, I dig the love old shit is getting. I've cleared out cherished parts to younger folk who were prepared to get their hands dirty, and they've completed excellent builds. I'm less impressed with some of the people who've just signed a cheque and swagger around like they ain't shit.

Comment

• Skjoll
                              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Hoghead
                              Re old tools. Nope-it doesn't , my younger brother has insane skill with old tools and i'm glad someone is keeping these skills alive. I wish I had those skills too, to be honest!
                              Old shit? I love it too, have a Pan amongst other old bikes. Problem is old shit has become fashionable, which is a double-edged blade. Can anyone deny that the price of old shit hasn't spiralled partly due to demand from people who want to play retro-dress up at elitist 'name' events? I've observed some very judgemental behaviour from people with no more credentials than deep pockets, most notably in the hotrod scene.
                              Mostly, I dig the love old shit is getting. I've cleared out cherished parts to younger folk who were prepared to get their hands dirty, and they've completed excellent builds...
                              +1. It all depends on one's frame of mind and how you view things. I can acted jaded and get upset over the the younger generation trying to be cool by latching onto a 'lifestyle' I grew up with because they have more financial means than skills or I can embrace it and help them in their pursuit. I was a silly noob fuck at one time and thanks to the patience of artists/craftsmen of previous generations I was able to learn real world things from them. So I decided that instead of being surly and curmudgeonly that it's my time to pay it forward and offer help to the next-gen 'kids' frequenting rallys like 'Born-Free'... and quite frankly gatherings like Sturgis, Daytona and Laconia are now nothing but dog and pony shows. The biker spirit at those events fell by the wayside decades ago thanks to my generation of weekend warrior-pathetic idiots. BTW, people who try to proclaim expertise because of the depths of their wallets is nothing new... you just have to dismiss them and focus on the real bikers.
                              Last edited by Skjoll; 11-17-2018, 4:18 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;