CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default How to Repair a Bent Clamp on a Fork Tree/Yoke

Is there anyway I can bend this clamp on my triple tree back into position other than taking a hammer to it and hoping for the best, or does it need to be completely replaced? It's on my Yamaha XS650, and I believe the tree is stock. The main issue is that the bolt threading is not aligned so I can't clamp in my right fork
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bent yoke clamp.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssmalTailgate View Post
    Is there anyway I can bend this clamp on my triple tree back into position other than taking a hammer to it and hoping for the best, or does it need to be completely replaced? It's on my Yamaha XS650, and I believe the tree is stock. The main issue is that the bolt threading is not aligned so I can't clamp in my right fork
    I think I would try to use heavy vise with soft jaws( like cut off aluminum angles) . I would place the leg in the clamp and tighten the vise. I think having leg inside would align the clamp and the bolt holes till you can screw in the bolts safely and deep enough not to rip out the threads when you untighten the vise. Just an idea.
    Cheers

Get Adobe Flash player

opps,

Get Adobe Flash player

cat iron ? probably I would replace it cause cast can be brittle and just for safety sake,a used one is cheaper than a hospital visit,or a wake

Get Adobe Flash player

Heat it with acetylene NOT PROPANE until it's cherry red and it'll bend back without breaking. Use a fork tube so it takes the correct shape. Might be easier and cheaper to just find a replacement at a salvage yard or on eBay though.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by some1else View Post
    cat iron ? probably I would replace it cause cast can be brittle and just for safety sake,a used one is cheaper than a hospital visit,or a wake
    Yea that would be my answer too..... But as a member on here said the other day this is chop cult why do things that are safe??? I think he is a fool but WTF do I know???

Share This