Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phrate
    • Sep 2015

'96 1400vs Suzuki Intruder Riser HELP!

Just got my first bike recently and have been tinkering on it to make it mine.

In the process of swapping stock bars for drag-bars (7/8") I managed to sheer a bolt on the OEM riser.
    Was going to replace the 140$ part but found that the drag bars hit the tank on full left and right movement.

The solution was to buy new, taller, aftermarket risers instead but finding risers with internal wiring is near impossible; internal is the stock wiring method.
    So instead I could go to the more traditional external wiring but my stock "top tree plate" (not sure of proper vocab) has massive holes for the internal wiring risers so I would need to replace it I assume.
    Need guidance on sourcing possible parts.

TL : DR - Need to source internal wiring 6" risers or a new triple tree plate for '96 Zuki Intruder

Thanks in advance and Progress Pictures for your time!
    -Phrate
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Phrate; 09-30-2015, 7:13 PM.
  • Phrate
    • Sep 2015

Shameless self bump

Comment

• deathmetaldan
      • Jan 2011

just run the wires on the outside, make sure they arent getting pinched or stretched and have some kind of covering on them (electrical tape) and you will be fine.

Unless you WANT internal wiring, in which case you just need to get creative. If you have a friend that has a drill press a solution should be pretty simple.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
        • May 2010

I don't know of any risers made for the 1400 intruder that allow for internal wiring other than stock ones. But your bars are 1", and not 7/8". Did you sheer the bolt on the top of the riser clamp?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;