Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramzilla
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by shovelwitch
    Dope, make it happen. I'm planning on making it to BF8 with the wife and kids next year, I'll buy a case of your mags and hand that shit out like bibles in the midwest. Today's chop magazines suck dick, whenever I graduate and make more than slave wages I'll pitch in money wise. No class would be a righteous name. Maybe you could hire a guy named rusty to raise money for cancer victims and actually give it to them to even the scales and raise the burn.
    Hahaha that is a superb idea.

Comment

• ironhead86
      • Feb 2011

I am a union ironworker. Do alot of connecting and structural. It gives me a boner being 30ft+ in the air, telling a crane operator what to do. Or having 6 thousand lbs 3ft overhead while hooking on the next piece. I work my ass off and make 40 bucks an hour or more depending on the position I take. I have a good reputation and am rarely out of work. I support 3 kids and a wife, while taking an average of 3 months off a year. If your smart and put your time in pay goes up. A dude that was 1 of 5 forman could take home 200k a year. Its worth it to me but I love the work not just the money. When I dont like the work I leave. If you dont like it, dont do it plain and simple. Btw that isn't including the over time. I dont starve by any means. Your reputation is your resume.
      Last edited by ironhead86; 09-10-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• nuklhd
        • Sep 2013

rubs, i believe for as well as you write what keeps a mag or newspapers afloat is selling advertising in them. a shit load of good mags have come and gone for one reason or another. i would check out a good local in your area and start in an apprenticeship program in a trade you would dig doing.

Comment

• JockEShift
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by ironhead86
          I am a union ironworker. Do alot of connecting and structural. It gives me a boner being 30ft+ in the air, telling a crane operator what to do. Or having 6 thousand lbs 3ft overhead while hooking on the next piece. I work my ass off and make 40 bucks an hour or more depending on the position I take. I have a good reputation and am rarely out of work. I support 3 kids and a wife, while taking an average of 3 months off a year. If your smart and put your time in pay goes up. A dude that was 1 of 5 forman could take home 200k a year. Its worth it to me but I love the work not just the money. When I dont like the work I leave. If you dont like it, dont do it plain and simple. Btw that isn't including the over time. I dont starve by any means. Your reputation is your resume.
          My Sentiments exactly

Comment

• goofyfoot2001
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by JetBlackII
            Fall off the tree rasin... I had a child at 26. Kids can be tried as adults with the death penalty as low as age 13... go to war and have a "Rite" of passage into adulthood at 18 but cant drink or smoke til much later... old age is full of Klingons that refuse to let failed legacy and tired ideology die with them.

Why did the fabulous roaring 1920s and 1930s die... well the stock market crashed... a market that never should have been erected in the first place. We had peace til we got drawn into a war of greed and control... been playing that game of risk ever since but in the board room and with peoples lives.
            Are you smoking it, shooting it or snorting it?

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Are you smoking it, shooting it or snorting it?
              Sperging it. Part of messianism is speaking in tongues without thought to (or with resentment of!) effective communication. You can pull that off if you are good at it, but if you are not good at it you won't be self-aware enough to notice.

Why did the fabulous roaring 1920s and 1930s die
              For that answer look to their birth. WWI begat that manufacturing growth spurt. It was a fine bubble until it was not. Capitalism is cyclic. Adapt, make hay while the sun shines and cover yer arse when it rains.

The stock market makes practical our delicious, rich modern world. Like any human construct it is subject to abuse, especially because it is competitive. Adapt.

Comment

• loddytoddy
                • Jul 2014

I can sell snow cones to a damn eskimo. so, I'm in if there is room for an ad exec..

Comment

• Rubman
                  • Dec 2011

Wow man. I've actually had members (who i've never interacted with) PM'ing me telling me they want to give me their money because they think i'd be able to do something with it. :') you guys are the best. The reason why I don't really want to crowdfund the idea is because I hate the idea of charity. But taking some supplementary investments is different, for sure. As soon as we have all the legal stuff hammered down, I'll show y'all how we're doing it. The cool thing is it's not JUST about motorcycles. Y'all will see.

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

Add me to the message list.

Comment

• LeanMcLean
                      • Apr 2015

I can't contribute much financially, but I would definitely buy a subscription. I was going to jump on the #noclass bandwagon when all hell broke loose. I'd love a cool magazine to follow. Good luck

Comment

• Cisco726
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Ramzilla
                        Count me in. You be Rusty and I will be Tate.
                        Fuck yeah!!

Comment

• Cisco726
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by LeanMcLean
                          I can't contribute much financially, but I would definitely buy a subscription. I was going to jump on the #noclass bandwagon when all hell broke loose. I'd love a cool magazine to follow. Good luck
                          There's certainly a need for one.

Comment

• turbonate
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Cisco726
                            Fuck yeah!!
                            A monthly spoof column on the exploits of our old pal Dusty could have some real entertainment value.

Comment

• Cisco726
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by turbonate
                              A monthly spoof column on the exploits of our old pal Dusty could have some real entertainment value.

Comment

• turbonate
                                • Sep 2010

How to skate with a selfie stick
                                By TW Mfofofski

As I pushed my pan head out into the bright, brisk Milwalkee morning, I heard the birds chirping and realized that I wouldn't be able to push my bike for much longer this year. Pretty soon, the ground would be slick with snow, and I would lack proper footing to be able to handle the bike safely. My season was nearly over.
                                As I swung the kickstand down, i thought of all the times I'd pushed this bike into just the right angle, and most of the time, been fortunate enough to catch the light just right, for some amazing photo ops. This time is a little different though, I'm having trouble deciding exactly where to put the bike. I know I want to skate with my selfie stick because I need to get some good material for my fans on Facebook, IG, Twitter, KIK,Craigslist,and Gaybuttfuckingcowboys.kawm. I've been practicing with the stick and no camera, until today that is. That's why I'm putting the bike out here, I had a stroke of genius last night when I realized if I could catch the pan in the background of one of my selfies while skating, that would be amazing. I know people would love it, but I'd have to act like I didn't do it on purpose, because let's face it, that's kind of desperate.
                                As I padded up I scanned the surface of the ramp for any defect, obstacles, or protrusions, and did not find any. I picked up my selfie stick, and dropped in, it was a small ramp, as far as my standards go, 36 inches or so, but it had the right patina, and I could use it for free, so here we are. As I gained speed down the ramp I knew my calculations had been correct about the weight of the camera changing things. Is wasn't so bad as I couldn't manage it, but definitely different. I got warmed up with a few nice back and forth passes ( sorry guys, I don't know a thing about skateboarding ) I was really starting to get the feel
                                Of this and was even managing a few glances at the screen. I could see my bike, but I was having trouble getting the bike and skate ramp in the shot. I spent around a half hour just riding the ramp, up and Damon the small slopes hitting the button on the camera randomly. I have a 680gig hard drive on this thing that I can live link to youtube. It makes it kind of bulky, but I guess that's the price you pay for being "chopular" as those idiots on chop cult call
                                It, you've got to produce a lot of material to stay on top of the game, people forget who you are if you're not right there in front of them. I sat down on the top edge of the ramp on the opposite corner to go through some pics, and for no real reason I held up the stick and boom, there it was, the perfect angle, I could see the ramp and the bike, and my face made up about 30% of the screen confined mostly to one corner. It was amazing, I snapped a few shots, and decided I wanted to try for the real thing, so I dropped in again, cutting all the way to the top of the ramp, I worked my way to the outside, and took pictures like they would be worth $1000 apiece tomorrow. I stopped and looked them over, and I could tell it would be just right, riding in on that angle that you just couldn't duplicate without a skateboard. But the bike was cut off, I had me, and the ramp, but the bike was cut off. Ok, I guess I just need to go a little harder. I drop in again and really start cutting it close to the edge, I was burning it up, and I can in fact tell you that I was riding on the edge, because I went over it. I misjudged my landing and flew feet first into the grass, and landing squarely on my ass, breaking my tailbone.
                                I'll be down for a little bit, but as we all know from past experience that I'm pretty resilient and heal quickly.
                                I ended up using the pics from the too of the ramp. The ones just sitting there, they had the pan in it, and It was almost perfect. That lean made it look just right when I was riding the pipe, but I had to ride too close to the edge to get the whole bike and ended up crashing. Looking back on it, maybe I should've tried moving the bike.
                                Q: how do you skate with a selfie stick?
                                A: you don't. Use the pictures of you sitting on the ramp.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;