CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 108 of 108 First ... 85898106107108

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0824.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	72181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	72182

Get Adobe Flash player

here's my mini budding collection. Bell moto 4(ghetto reline job), Grant helmet w/ roth flake, Gringo, Bell 500, Licks Novdot. Does anyone know if there's any places that are still carrying the Biltwell Novelty's? I should have sprung on one when they still were selling them and now they seem to have been eradicated.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a Kids Mini Moto 3 Jr. I think somewhere in storage. lol

I have to find it to take a new pic.

Get Adobe Flash player

Found an Arai XD4 barely used locally for $400 as opposed to the retail which is $600. Guy babied it, even kept the peel away plastic over the visor when in storage and the cheek pads hadn't even been broken in yet. I've ridden lots of miles with all sorts of helmets from cheap no name brain buckets to HJC and Scorpion full face helmets, and pretty much everything in between, but this is my first Arai and I have to say I am extremely impressed so far.

The venting is better than any full face I've ever worn. I can ride with the visor down in the heat of the day and still get a cool comfortable breeze across my face. It's also the most form fit and comfortable helmet I've ever worn. I'm fighting a summer flu bug, so I haven't been able to test it to really high speeds or lots of miles yet, but I'm quite sure it'll do fine. I took it on a short 20 mile rip and got it up to 90mph with the visor still attached and had no issues with lift or wobble. With that said, if it does create an issue the visor is removable for highway riding.

One thing I will point out is that I have always worn a size large full face until a recent trip when I was able to hit top speed on the bike and got a lot of lift, where the chin strap tried choking me out. I then tried my wife's size small HJC, and though it was a bit too tight, it didn't lift at high speed. So I've done a lot more research and with a little help from Arai in sizing, found out I'm actually a medium. So if you plan to ride high speed, definitely consider some sizing help or at the very least don't rule out a snug fit at first, as the pads on these are super adjustable and they will be quite snug until you break them in.

Last edited by KurseD; 07-13-2017 at 1:40 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Random question about the new Biltwell Bonanzas. Do they run on the small side? My hat size is right on the line of the small and med.

Get Adobe Flash player

i like biltwell. i got 2 gringos. i feel like biltwells run a little big. gringos at least. i have an xl icon that's tiiiight, but my xl gringos are loose and require a helmet sizer (bandanna/skully) for high speed non-parachute noose action.

helmets are good. i wear them. i got knocked out in a skid lid, but i would have been dead, or worse without it. i like my gringos. i got a chinese bell moto 3 knockoff. the snaps are too high, but it's ok.

you guys like 3 snap visors? i fuckin' love 'em.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by wot2t View Post
    i like biltwell. i got 2 gringos. i feel like biltwells run a little big. gringos at least. i have an xl icon that's tiiiight, but my xl gringos are loose and require a helmet sizer (bandanna/skully) for high speed non-parachute.
    I have a gringo and love it too. I normally wear a small but mine is a med. I don't wanna get the wrong size right off the bat. Especially since no shop seem to stock small or medium Bonanza. So, ya see my dilemma?

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah that's a bummer. i did get to try on a few gringos b4 i bought mine. maybe send biltwell an email and wrap a tape measure around your head?

Get Adobe Flash player

My Bonanza runs a little big compared to my Licks and Daytonas.

Get Adobe Flash player

Biltwell Gringo Tracker

photo 0DA10663-91A2-4EC7-BF93-678957336257_zpsiyso5ocx.jpeg
     photo 4010512C-FC3A-4F6D-A257-6D21253232A9_zpsuczkyuy1.jpeg
     photo 445C8B24-7E12-4C50-BEAE-C69B40A356F0_zpsb35pl04a.jpeg
    Last edited by SportsterKurt; 06-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I recently bought an open face Urban Helmet https://urbanhelmetsusa.com/collecti...n-face-helmets and love it.

Way more comfortable than my Biltwell Bonanza (whose flat black finish turned sticky after a year).

Get Adobe Flash player

i have been using this Israeli Kevlar lid since 1990,... best helmet I have owned.
    here I am getting to & drag racing at the H.A.'s Bulldog Bash in 98,....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0639 - Copy.jpg   1962.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutHead View Post
    Random question about the new Biltwell Bonanzas. Do they run on the small side? My hat size is right on the line of the small and med.
    I had an HJC fullface size medium so I order a medium Biltwell Gringo hazard orange on clearance and it was too big so I had to return for a small Biltwell Gringo Tracker red white and blue that fits perfect

I'm currently reading this review and thinking to get one of Nitrinos full-face helmet. I ride a bike for 6 months and my first helmet proved itself to be a cheapo made of thin plastick. How do you think will Nitrinos be okay for a beginner like me? Or should I look for Shoei or something else? I think buying Bonanza is too early for me.

my design
    full process helmet painting you can see here, on Youtube https://youtu.be/0IMIDDyz1_o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01183 (Копировать).jpg  

These are such amazing painted helmets! You really are an artist! Was it legal to paint these helmets in your area? I would like to look for customizing my helmet.

Share This