Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Yup, the sleeve nuts don't seem to be that common; they are used for rocker covers on BSA A7s and Nortons...here is another that can be safety wired:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve-nut-500x500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1310300

My other suggestion is same as carguym14 ^^^; get allthread coupling nuts and make 'em work:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	87601.jpg
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1310301
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• carguym14
      • Sep 2014

I used the 7/8 stem and just used the bearing kit from JP.

Comment

• carguym14
        • Sep 2014

That's the same coupling nut I used.Turned one end down until it fit the hole nice,then cut off the extra.Cheap and easy!

Comment

• Quint
          • Nov 2013

ok so here is my next question, and hopefully last! mine has the holes set for a 7/8 and i intend on just getting the 7/8 bearing kit as well. my problem is that i do not have a stem, is there a stem i can buy that will work with this front end or do you guys think im better off taking it to the local machine shop and just having one made?

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

It wont be your last question...you never said what this is gong on - stock frame? custom frame? Custom frame with stock neck? Which bike? Got bearings already? tapered roller? What are numbers on races and bearings? What is bore the bearing race fits in? Pics...need some pics.
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Quint
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
              It wont be your last question...you never said what this is gong on - stock frame? custom frame? Custom frame with stock neck? Which bike? Got bearings already? tapered roller? What are numbers on races and bearings? What is bore the bearing race fits in? Pics...need some pics.
              It’s going on a paughco wishbone frame, I have not yet bought the 7/8 bearing conversion so it currently still has the 1” bearings, the bike currently has a (supposedly paughco, but let’s just call it a DNA) springer with a 1” stem, here are some pics of the new front end end and a picture of my bike..(best I can do at the moment since it’s at my buddy’s shop) Click image for larger version

Name:	519AE511-4BEA-49D1-BC24-8420A572999C.jpg
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1310343Click image for larger version

Name:	3CCCE470-7946-42DD-868A-0D1A1E8F2586.jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1310344Click image for larger version

Name:	099D5927-C0C0-41C4-BC99-0503C16A2C43.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1310345

Comment

• Quint
                • Nov 2013

and i am FULLY aware that those pictures probably arent gonna help for shit!! but thats what ive got at the moment haha.. ill get some better pics ASAP but i figure this might help for now
                Last edited by Quint; 05-06-2019, 3:00 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;