Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brooklynbomber
    • Sep 2011

Just read through this thread, it has been said many times regarding handling. You'll be fine, plenty of bikes on the road with the same set up. Besides the forks tubes you'll need extended brake cable if you're keeping the front brake. I'd make sure you're happy with your bar set up to make sure you account for proper length.

Comment

• Wildchild557
      • Sep 2017

Got a question about seats, looking at doing +6 or +8 forks and trying to decide what seat to go with so I can get the holes drilled in the new fender. With the forks being taller do you find yourself sliding back a lot, I see a lot of people are running King and Queen, one of my options but I’m also thinking I may want something smaller what are y’all thoughs?

Comment

• brooklynbomber
        • Sep 2011

I definitely would try to get something with a bit of a hump at the back. My gf has 6 overs and a cobra style seat that goes up the sissy bar too, when I ride it, I slide back more than I'd want to. I am currently running an HD 2 up seat and when I modify it, I will narrow it up and add a little more to the back area to give myself more of a resting place.

Comment

• 86d
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Wildchild557
          Got a question about seats, looking at doing +6 or +8 forks and trying to decide what seat to go with so I can get the holes drilled in the new fender. With the forks being taller do you find yourself sliding back a lot, I see a lot of people are running King and Queen, one of my options but I’m also thinking I may want something smaller what are y’all thoughs?
          If I were you I would get the tubes on, then play with making a seat pan you like and feels like it supports you... then have it upholstered. That way you have a cool ass one off seat and it fits you and the bike best... and your not just cookie cutting with other people’s parts. Just my opinion

Comment

• austieee
            • Dec 2017

86 you got any photos of the fender build?? that's the coolest shit I seent in a while.

Comment

• austieee
              • Dec 2017

Update. Gotta throw my spoked front wheel on think I’m gonna go 10-12 over soon.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by austieee; 01-25-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• leucadiaguitars
                • Nov 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	1300301
                Attached Files

Comment

• leucadiaguitars
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by FatChibs
                  yeah, but i kinda dont like the look seems kinda cheap to me. the shock struts were mostly an aesthetic thing to get the bike lower, struts are the logical next step. might order some for the time being until i stop getting fucked over by lickscycles & spitfire
                  I just ran some old big twin shocks that made it way lower.. you can find Dyna shock cheap and they look kinda tough..

Now I went back to Tall shocks way more fun to ride.. I have a lot of dirt to ride though

Comment

• littledill
                    • Apr 2024

Name:	IMG_3613.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	1300349

Here is my 02 Sporty doing its best impression

Comment

• Jackbender
                      • Feb 2018

Hey guys, just did a few mods on my sporty. Hope you'll like it !

IMG_6330
                      Last edited by Jackbender; 03-17-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• WVDevil
                        • Mar 2016

Looks kick ass!

Comment

• Jackbender
                          • Feb 2018

I removed the fork tubes, I prefer the full chrome look. Next mod will be the seat, I'm thinking about the Tuck'n'roll Biltwell hb seat. Has anyone tried it ?

IMG_6555

IMG_6538

IMG_6473
                          Last edited by Jackbender; 02-22-2018, 5:38 AM.

Comment

• kendall666
                            • Oct 2011

A slimmer seat will look good on there for sure. What's going on with the tank? Doesn't look like it's sitting on the back bone properly in the rear. Kind of throws the line off. Looks like you're off to a good start though.

Comment

• Jackbender
                              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by kendall666
                              A slimmer seat will look good on there for sure. What's going on with the tank? Doesn't look like it's sitting on the back bone properly in the rear. Kind of throws the line off. Looks like you're off to a good start though.
                              Yeah I see what you mean with the tank. I think it's because of the 2009 nightster's backbone. It's a bit raised, giving it that look. I'm actually using a 2" tank lift on the front.

Comment

• Esguerra
                                • Apr 2013

Name:	IMG_20180131_104626_880.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1300861Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170606_112900_153.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	1300862Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170607_121733_251.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1300863Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170715_190752_910.jpg
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	1300864Click image for larger version

Name:	20180222_141508.jpg
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	1300860

Here is a couple of my '92 1200 build. I started working on it last summer and had it riding on 10 overs within a month of aquiring the bike. She's my first Harley, but not my first chopper so it's been fun learning about Sportsters and building this style bike. It's funny how many guys think it's bike from the '60s.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;