heres one moreClick image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150612_009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1285361

Comment

• ProfessorKaos
        • Mar 2014

Fatchibs, I was curious if you were able to use your factory hardware when you installed your Haifley Bros sissy bar, and did you paint or clear coat it before you installed it? If not how is it holding up to the elements? Thanks!

Edit: I tried to pm you this question a bunch of times but my phone never confirmed that it sent, I appologise if they really did send and I filled your inbox.
        Last edited by ProfessorKaos; 09-03-2015, 9:11 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ProfessorKaos
          Fatchibs, I was curious if you were able to use your factory hardware when you installed your Haifley Bros sissy bar, and did you paint or clear coat it before you installed it? If not how is it holding up to the elements? Thanks!

Edit: I tried to pm you this question a bunch of times but my phone never confirmed that it sent, I appologise if they really did send and I filled your inbox.
          no clue about the factory hardware - i used what was already on my fender struts with my old sissy bar, just using 4 bolts and nuts, nothing you couldnt find at a hardware store. as far as the sissy bar goes, its already rusted up - i'll have to strip it and paint and clear it. its not stainless, so be aware

Comment

• ProfessorKaos
            • Mar 2014

Thank you sir. I knew it would rust eventually but yours looks so nice in all the pics I was debating just throwing it on without painting it. I guess I'll find out about the hardware when I try to put it on tomorrow.

Comment

• nickey
              • Feb 2013

Really like these bikes! Glad to have a name to put to the style. What would you call this style without the flashy paint and chrome? Like a rat bike with stock rake, extended forks, sissy bar, etc.?

Fatchibs, I have a pic of your bike, and a few others, saved as reference/inspiration! I'm wanting some over forks so bad, but I also want to get rid of my king peanut tank, so it's a toss up on my next expenditure.

Here it is at it sits now:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	1285461

Comment

• DustyDave
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by nickey
                Really like these bikes! Glad to have a name to put to the style. What would you call this style without the flashy paint and chrome? Like a rat bike with stock rake, extended forks, sissy bar, etc.?

Fatchibs, I have a pic of your bike, and a few others, saved as reference/inspiration! I'm wanting some over forks so bad, but I also want to get rid of my king peanut tank, so it's a toss up on my next expenditure.

Here it is at it sits now:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]63544[/ATTACH]
                Think I'd spend my money on fork tubes and rattle can some flames or some such to make the tank look a little smaller for now.
                Dusty
                Driving that train, high on cocaine
                Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• FatChibs
                  • Feb 2014

next im gonna throw dual headlights on and chop my rear fender, put my taillight on my sissy bar. should clean things up a bit

Comment

• theIVthcrusade
                    • Aug 2011

This style is definitely the biggest influence on how I've been (slowly) building my Sporty. I'm usually good for one big purchase a year hahah, so hopefully this winter I'll finally extend the forks and clean up the hand controls. A repaint is a definite, but I'll do that myself because spray paint is cheap. Anyway, here's how she sits as of now -
                    Attached Files

Comment

• nickey
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by theIVthcrusade
                      This style is definitely the biggest influence on how I've been (slowly) building my Sporty. I'm usually good for one big purchase a year hahah, so hopefully this winter I'll finally extend the forks and clean up the hand controls. A repaint is a definite, but I'll do that myself because spray paint is cheap. Anyway, here's how she sits as of now -
                      Just saw this in a different thread and thought "man with some extended forks, that'd look tits!" and then hey, here ya go haha. Bike looks good. I'm diggin the simple tank design. Maybe an old Harley decal on the side instead of repainting it?

Comment

• theIVthcrusade
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by nickey
                        Just saw this in a different thread and thought "man with some extended forks, that'd look tits!" and then hey, here ya go haha. Bike looks good. I'm diggin the simple tank design. Maybe an old Harley decal on the side instead of repainting it?
                        Thanks man. I go back and forth on the tank a lot - kinda want to try my hand at something ridiculous. Not sure yet.

Comment

• loddytoddy
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by theIVthcrusade
                          did that tire fit under the stock set up? or did you already redo the fender area before getting that tire?
                          I have that tire but wasn't sure it would fit so I haven't put it on yet.

Comment

• theIVthcrusade
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by loddytoddy
                            did that tire fit under the stock set up? or did you already redo the fender area before getting that tire?
                            I have that tire but wasn't sure it would fit so I haven't put it on yet.
                            I did already have that fender on there but it doesn't seem like it sits too much higher than a stock fender. The Avon is about an inch taller than the metzler I had on there, so if you think you have a spare inch you should be fine. Width wise it fit just fine.

Comment

• loddytoddy
                              • Jul 2014

I was more worried about width.
                              cool.. good to know. I may put it on this weekend.
                              burn out the old one.

Comment

• theIVthcrusade
                                • Aug 2011

Yeah it's easily an inch narrower than the Metzler, which was a 130/90/16. You should be good. I've only had the Avons on for a few days but I like them a lot. Very grippy compared to the Metz.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;