CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default FXR knocking over bumps and rear end shaking under brake.

Hey guys,
    So my 92 fxr is getting a loud knock over bumps that feel and sound like they are from the back side of the trans. Swing are bushings or bearings maybe? Also rear end shakes under braking. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any info
    Bobby

Get Adobe Flash player

Get the bike in the air, pul the shocks and yank on that swingarm sideways (don't pull it off the lift/stand).
    Front and rear motor mounts, plus exhaust mount could be contributing to your extra rock and roll. Sloppy shocks don't help either. check the rear wheel bearings while your there too.
    If you end up replacing shit, I recommend spherical bearings instead of the composite bushings for the swingarm. Last one I did was a whole kit with the pivot shaft and all.
    And OEM for the motor mounts. I have seen poly mounts, but don't have any experience with them to recommend them or not

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Get the bike in the air, pul the shocks and yank on that swingarm sideways (don't pull it off the lift/stand).
    Front and rear motor mounts, plus exhaust mount could be contributing to your extra rock and roll. Sloppy shocks don't help either. check the rear wheel bearings while your there too.
    If you end up replacing shit, I recommend spherical bearings instead of the composite bushings for the swingarm. Last one I did was a whole kit with the pivot shaft and all.
    And OEM for the motor mounts. I have seen poly mounts, but don't have any experience with them to recommend them or not
    ^^^^all of that.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks guys. I don't have a lift or stand so first thing I'll do is check the motor mounts. If nothing there I'll check the swing arm at a buddy's house. The only reason I'm thinking motor mount is cuz it will do the "clunk" when I hard down shift too but then again that could also be swingarm.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just a heads up. The front motor mount was loose. I tightened it up and she runs fine.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool!
    My boss was making fun of me for telling every other customer with a rubber mounted motor they had a bad front motor mount. Like i was just trying to drum up work or something.
    A lot of them say They "just" replaced it. A season or two ago, with the cheapest one they can find....

Share This