Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • countryboychop
    • Oct 2011

01 1200c Sporty Front Brake Removed

Ok guys thanks in adavance for the help. I recently took my front brake handle controls n caliper off. Well as soon as i did now my brake light dont activate when i press rear brake pedal so what is the fix to get the brake light to come on with just the rear brake pedal
  • shiteater
    • Jul 2014

Did you do anything to the wiring? Shouldn't have any issues with the brake light unless you messed with the wiring.

Comment

• shiteater
      • Jul 2014

Or unless the rear brake already wasn't activating the brake light and you didn't know it

Comment

• countryboychop
        • Oct 2011

Only wiring i messed with is when i cut my front blinkers but there was no wiring run to the front brake

Comment

• shiteater
          • Jul 2014

Did you remove the switches off your bars too?

Comment

• countryboychop
            • Oct 2011

Yep took the switch housing off n master cylinder off

Comment

• Braaap
              • May 2013

there is a momentary switch at the right hand control that needs to be spliced together. its inside the housing at the lever... looks like a little box with a springloaded nub sticking out of it. that is the brake light sensor for the front brake.

find the two wire nubs that went into that and splice them together.

Comment

• countryboychop
                • Oct 2011

The houseing for the front brake is off .so if the switch is in the housing what wud spliceing them due scince lever housing is off

Comment

• Salty
                  • Sep 2010

Check the rear brake switch. Follow it from your pedal to the caliper. tighten the wires on the switch itself or replace.

probably looks something like this.

Comment

• shiteater
                    • Jul 2014

^What he said, check the wiring for the rear brake switch. Don't splice the wires from the front switch that would just keep the brake light on.

Comment

• jonnyoz
                      • Oct 2014

Are you sure it's not activating, or is it always on? As others have mentioned, the front brake switch activates by RELEASING that nub when the lever is pulled. Remove the lever, then it's always on.

I would just make sure the only wires you have going to your brake switch are for the rear brake.

All you need is accessory power to the switch then to the brake light then back to ground. Probably easiest to just re wire the rear brake switch then fuck with the front that's not needed.

Comment

• Cosmania44
                        • Nov 2013

There is a switch in the hand controls on the throttle side. Its a little black nob. You have to look from front of bike. You cant see it from sitting on bike.When you have the brake lever and cylinder bolted up it depresses the little switch. When you pull the break lever in it lets up the little switch which activates the brake light. The sell a cover for it somewhere on the interweb or you can go into the hand controls itself and loop the wires or what not.,

Comment

• Cosmania44
                          • Nov 2013

Not the wiring

DO NOT RE WIRE A THING It's a switch in YOUR HAND CONTROLS!!! Hope this got to u in time...

Comment

• Dezertboy74
                            • Oct 2013

Have you checked the bulb? if so check voltage in and out of the rear brake switch. Don't connect the wires for the front switch together or the brake light will stay on all the time!!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;