Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djturnz
    • Apr 2010

Cigars, take 2

Here is the dead thread on Cigars. I'd like to get it rolling again.

I just picked up a 5x Herf-a-dor and 8 cigars for $25 and another set from a different site just arrived with an $80 lighter and 3 sticks for $10.... sometimes these places have the deals!!! i cant wait to crack the boxes on these so heres what i got: cigar.com, Colbri Venom Lighter, 5 Vegas Classic, Gurkha's Park

I've been into Cigars now for 9 or so months. Lots of good deals from Cigars International, especially with the codes. So far I got a 5x Herf-ador and 8 sticks for $23 shipped. It was on the site for $79, but I was given a code in a FACEBOOK Cigar group. Also have another 10 sticks coming with a wood humidor. With code, thay was $27 shipped. Been hitting Cbid and doing ok.

Some of my favorites are:
    Asylum 13 (the Robustos have better flavor, but the big 6x60 lasts a while)
    Ketucky Fire Cured (Drew Estates MUWAT) (tastes like the wood smoke used for smoking meat)
    Isla Del Sol (Coffee infused with a sweatened tip)
    Asylum Insidious
    5 Vegas Cask Strength and 'A' <-- not sure what that one's actually called, but has an 'A' on the band
    Java Maduro <(coffee infused)
    NUB CAFE series My local B&M has some big sticks custom made for them. Nothing fancy, Cuban Seed in a few different wrappers, including a barber pole and a box press. But they are 6x60 and cost $3 plus tax. Very good, smooth smoke. But if I can't finish it due to time, I don't mind tossing it.

I'm not big on flavored cigars, with coffee flavored being the exception.

A friend gifted me an Ashton Churchill. It was good, but took 2 hours to smoke.

I use BOVEDA packs and Tupperware for my storage.

So whats up with you? I know we have some Brother of the Leaf here. What's in your humi?
  • gray
    • Aug 2012

I smoke a cigar occasionally. My in-laws brought me this Cuban Cohiba back from Belize recently. Best cigar I have ever smoked, hands down.

Comment

• gray
      • Aug 2012

Just noticed your other thread. Why not just bump that one instead of starting a whole new one?

Comment

• eroticjesus
        • Nov 2012

I dig the hell out of Cigars.

Some of my favorites are the Oliva V, Partagas Black, Camacho Barrel Aged, Aging Room Quatro and the Asylum Barber Poll.
        My favorite cheap chomper..My "lawn mowing" cigar is the Schizo Maduro, I keep a ton of those scattered around my various Humidors. Schizo is made by Asylum, it's the same tobacco as the long leaf high end cigars, just short leaf and around $3 a stick. Good, tasty and if I get a bad one, it's $3.. who cares.

Comment

• Grantman
          • Aug 2012

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Churchill sized is hands down my most favorite cigar. Some shops around here will charge up to $20 for one though. I buy them on the internet when I find a good deal. Just ordered a new humidor and some smokes from CI. My other humidor holds 300 and I just have no need to keep that many on hand.

Comment

• PeanutHead
            • Nov 2011

I too get most of my cigars from CI. I'm a huge fan of Drew estates ACID brand. Always try to keep a few One's and Blondie's in my humidor. Other than those, I like mild to medium cigars. Excalibur No. 660 is another favorite of mine.

CI has sampliers for almost every type of cigar you can think of.

Comment

• 11B2P
              • Jun 2015

I dig the RP Vintage 1992 also. One of my favorites for sure. My day to day is the Padron 3000. Alex Bradley makes some good ones also.

Comment

• beardedxglory
                • Jul 2013

Man those java are hard to beat. I've been all over the place on favorites, but Ive never really gone wrong with drew Estates or gurka. Dulce vitas are pretty decent for the price but I wouldn't recommend getting them from thompson cigars. Once they get you Phone number they'll be calling you weekly.

Comment

• krb
                  • Jun 2013

My absolute favorite is the BrickHouse, but only in the toro size. For some reason the other sizes just fall flat with me but the toro delivers the flavor I really like. And the smell they leave on my hands is almost better than the smell of pussy.

I also keep Padron 3000 maduros on hand to change things up.

For a dog-rocket-mowing-the-lawn kinda smoke, Curly Head maduros are hard to beat for the price. Those are the first cigar I ever tried and I've always liked them.

Comment

• ChicagoRedux
                    • Apr 2024

I gave them up about 5 years ago, but I still crave a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte now and again. After smoking one of those you felt like you just got raped by the Nicotine Goddess; it was beautiful.

Comment

• krb
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ChicagoRedux
                      After smoking one of those you felt like you just got raped by the Nicotine Goddess; it was beautiful.
                      I'm really not into making myself be nicotine's bitch. If it were possible to make a cigar that had all the flavor and zero nicotine without it being a bunch of chemical shit from a factory I'd be all over it. Until then, nicotine and tar are the price I pay for getting some good tasting smoke.

Comment

• Braaap
                        • May 2013

Comment

• surfbum
                          • Aug 2011

Peach white owls. Duh

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;