CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Cigars, take 2

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Cigars, take 2

Here is the dead thread on Cigars. I'd like to get it rolling again.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...ighlight=cigar

I've been into Cigars now for 9 or so months. Lots of good deals from Cigars International, especially with the codes. So far I got a 5x Herf-ador and 8 sticks for $23 shipped. It was on the site for $79, but I was given a code in a FACEBOOK Cigar group. Also have another 10 sticks coming with a wood humidor. With code, thay was $27 shipped. Been hitting Cbid and doing ok.

Some of my favorites are:
    Asylum 13 (the Robustos have better flavor, but the big 6x60 lasts a while)
    Ketucky Fire Cured (Drew Estates MUWAT) (tastes like the wood smoke used for smoking meat)
    Isla Del Sol (Coffee infused with a sweatened tip)
    Asylum Insidious
    5 Vegas Cask Strength and 'A' <-- not sure what that one's actually called, but has an 'A' on the band
    Java Maduro <(coffee infused)
    NUB CAFE series My local B&M has some big sticks custom made for them. Nothing fancy, Cuban Seed in a few different wrappers, including a barber pole and a box press. But they are 6x60 and cost $3 plus tax. Very good, smooth smoke. But if I can't finish it due to time, I don't mind tossing it.

I'm not big on flavored cigars, with coffee flavored being the exception.

A friend gifted me an Ashton Churchill. It was good, but took 2 hours to smoke.

I use BOVEDA packs and Tupperware for my storage.

So whats up with you? I know we have some Brother of the Leaf here. What's in your humi?

Get Adobe Flash player

I smoke a cigar occasionally. My in-laws brought me this Cuban Cohiba back from Belize recently. Best cigar I have ever smoked, hands down.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just noticed your other thread. Why not just bump that one instead of starting a whole new one?

Get Adobe Flash player

I dig the hell out of Cigars.

Some of my favorites are the Oliva V, Partagas Black, Camacho Barrel Aged, Aging Room Quatro and the Asylum Barber Poll.
    My favorite cheap chomper..My "lawn mowing" cigar is the Schizo Maduro, I keep a ton of those scattered around my various Humidors. Schizo is made by Asylum, it's the same tobacco as the long leaf high end cigars, just short leaf and around $3 a stick. Good, tasty and if I get a bad one, it's $3.. who cares.

Get Adobe Flash player

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Churchill sized is hands down my most favorite cigar. Some shops around here will charge up to $20 for one though. I buy them on the internet when I find a good deal. Just ordered a new humidor and some smokes from CI. My other humidor holds 300 and I just have no need to keep that many on hand.

Get Adobe Flash player

I too get most of my cigars from CI. I'm a huge fan of Drew estates ACID brand. Always try to keep a few One's and Blondie's in my humidor. Other than those, I like mild to medium cigars. Excalibur No. 660 is another favorite of mine.

CI has sampliers for almost every type of cigar you can think of.

Get Adobe Flash player

I dig the RP Vintage 1992 also. One of my favorites for sure. My day to day is the Padron 3000. Alex Bradley makes some good ones also.

Man those java are hard to beat. I've been all over the place on favorites, but Ive never really gone wrong with drew Estates or gurka. Dulce vitas are pretty decent for the price but I wouldn't recommend getting them from thompson cigars. Once they get you Phone number they'll be calling you weekly.

Get Adobe Flash player

My absolute favorite is the BrickHouse, but only in the toro size. For some reason the other sizes just fall flat with me but the toro delivers the flavor I really like. And the smell they leave on my hands is almost better than the smell of pussy.

I also keep Padron 3000 maduros on hand to change things up.

For a dog-rocket-mowing-the-lawn kinda smoke, Curly Head maduros are hard to beat for the price. Those are the first cigar I ever tried and I've always liked them.

ChicagoRedux

I gave them up about 5 years ago, but I still crave a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte now and again. After smoking one of those you felt like you just got raped by the Nicotine Goddess; it was beautiful.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRedux View Post
    After smoking one of those you felt like you just got raped by the Nicotine Goddess; it was beautiful.
    I'm really not into making myself be nicotine's bitch. If it were possible to make a cigar that had all the flavor and zero nicotine without it being a bunch of chemical shit from a factory I'd be all over it. Until then, nicotine and tar are the price I pay for getting some good tasting smoke.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Peach white owls. Duh

Share This