Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FXRforLife
    • Jul 2015

T bars have play

Sup guys. So I put 12" tbars on my fxr. I've had them for a few months and love them. Only issue I'm having is over time even tho they are a tight as can be they feel loose and wiggle back and forth. Is this just the poly mounts going bad from having taller bars and putting more pressure on them? Also if anyone has or is running the metal bushing replacements how do you like them?

Thanks!
    Bobby
  • loddytoddy
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by FXRforLife
    Sup guys. So I put 12" tbars on my fxr. I've had them for a few months and love them. Only issue I'm having is over time even tho they are a tight as can be they feel loose and wiggle back and forth. Is this just the poly mounts going bad from having taller bars and putting more pressure on them? Also if anyone has or is running the metal bushing replacements how do you like them?

Thanks!
    Bobby

add a few washers on the underside. the bushings are probably getting smashed or the thread inside the risers isn't as long as the stock ones. check and see if the bolt bottoms out before they tighten the bushings all the way..

if they are the stock risers then your bushings may need to be replaced. rigid mounted ones will transfer vibration to your hands a lot more.

Comment

• FXRforLife
      • Jul 2015

Thanks for the input. I'm going to rip it apart tonight. It almost feels like the bushing have been ovaled out.

Comment

• goofyfoot2001
        • Apr 2014

Comment

• loddytoddy
          • Jul 2014

goofy... did you discover a meme generator recently?

Comment

• FXRforLife
            • Jul 2015

Hahaha

Comment

• Saltytonk
              • Mar 2011

Comment

• SquashThatFly
                • Jul 2011

i dont run poly bushings in T-bars. Too much slop when you have that much leverage. I run solid metal riser bushings in all my bikes. A little more vibration, but a no slop.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;