Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReedWolf
    • May 2012

Paughco Rigid Frame 2" up or Stock

I've been looking all over online for photos of the aftermarket 4-speed rigid frames that Paughco makes. On their site are a few 'frame only' photos but no real bike pics to help compare the differences between all the types. I want a wishbone/straight leg rigid frame for a big twin. My only dilemma is whether or not I'd like the 2.25" stretch or not. Can anyone help with some photos so I can compare?
  • 47str8leg
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ReedWolf
    I've been looking all over online for photos of the aftermarket 4-speed rigid frames that Paughco makes. On their site are a few 'frame only' photos but no real bike pics to help compare the differences between all the types. I want a wishbone/straight leg rigid frame for a big twin. My only dilemma is whether or not I'd like the 2.25" stretch or not. Can anyone help with some photos so I can compare?

I can't help you there but I would seriously consider (Depending on your motor ) getting a 1" rise in the seat post area.
    That (I believe , may need to check w/others here ) will allow you to pull the rear head w/out removing the motor.

Comment

• andri
      • Mar 2012

I'm running a Paughco wishbone frame, standard specs but 35° rake.
      Here's a pic. Can find you some more if you need.

Comment

• ReedWolf
        • May 2012

Anyone have a pic of the 2" stretched rigid frame?

Comment

• nuklhd
          • Sep 2013

this has 2" in the down tubes, 30deg rake.

Comment

• ReedWolf
            • May 2012

Perfect! Thanks!

Comment

• andri
              • Mar 2012

I found this pic of mine as well. Shows the stance much better.

Comment

• ReedWolf
                • May 2012

Any other 2" up frame pics? Thanks for posting the others! In the 2" up frames it seems the backbone and rear end make one straight line all the way to the neck casting. Really cool!

Comment

• Davestune
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by ReedWolf
                  Anyone have a pic of the 2" stretched rigid frame?
                  59 front and mid 50's assend up 2"Click image for larger version

Name:	20150603_201157.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	1285150

Comment

• ReedWolf
                    • May 2012

Bump. Anyone else have 2" up frame photos? I'd love to see a wishbone one.

Comment

• GaryC58
                      • Oct 2010

Davestune,I like yer bike.

Comment

• misfitJason
                        • Sep 2009

One that I built. 2 up and 2 out
                         photo D84D75ED-2574-47D5-9D83-B53EFFB8FFBA_zpsyh2ruvw1.jpg
                         photo 9E8C5EED-17EA-4A84-9D78-BA4A82CD3565_zpsvdsraq37.jpg

Comment

• Weasel
                          • Oct 2011

Paughco 33 rake with 2" stretch

I know this is an old thread but figured I'd post a pic of an older project with 33 rake & 2" stretch.Click image for larger version

Name:	pan 2 (Large).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1288574

Comment

• mayberryterror
                            • Jan 2014

Sorry for bringing up such a old thread. But I've officially been talked out of running a old frame. I'm wanting to order a paughco strait leg, 35 degree, 2.25 up in the down tube, and no rear stretch. Will be pulling the trigger on Monday. Will a stock length narrow glide with a 19" wheel be OK? Wil this frame make space to get to the rear rocker box/head on a shovel? And does anyone have any pics of this frame? I can find plenty of bikes with 35 degree rake but no up.

Comment

• SlyJJ
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by mayberryterror
                              Sorry for bringing up such a old thread. But I've officially been talked out of running a old frame. I'm wanting to order a paughco strait leg, 35 degree, 2.25 up in the down tube, and no rear stretch. Will be pulling the trigger on Monday. Will a stock length narrow glide with a 19" wheel be OK? Wil this frame make space to get to the rear rocker box/head on a shovel? And does anyone have any pics of this frame? I can find plenty of bikes with 35 degree rake but no up.
                              I've got several of the 2up look, but I find that what makes those downtubes look more or less stretched is really what kind of tank you have on it. Now for my completely unprofessional opinion, if you were running a "modern" (i.e. evo style frame) I would expect a little more room to work on the rear box of a shovel since the evo engine is a little taller and the frame would account for that.

I've got a 2 up frame with a 40 degree rake, but that's for a sporty. Here are a couple of bikes that have similar specs to what you're looking for, but are CFL rather than Paughco

This one is 2 up with a 38 degree rake and springer front end

Heres another that's 2 up with 6 inch extended forks

And finally something to compare and contrast, here would be your next size, 4 up with 7 degree trees and 6 over front end

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;