Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigrigXJ
    • Apr 2012

FLHT front end on a dyna

Anyone here put a FLHT (or any touring) front end on a dyna (specifically '95 lowrider)? Issues with it? (Other than opinion....) I've read about some people making "mini-roadkings".
    Thanks,
    JB
  • bparsel
    • Jul 2011

The new Harley switchback is essentially the same thing you are talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_Harley-Davidson_Dyna_Switchback_4392276.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	1284445

Comment

• BigrigXJ
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bparsel
      The new Harley switchback is essentially the same thing you are talking about.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62107[/ATTACH]
      Nice bike at $17K. I'd rather put the time in working on mine with making it the way I want to. I'm sure I'll change other things along the way. It's been an ever changing bike. But, created many stories and memories with friends along the way.

Comment

• bparsel
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BigrigXJ
        Nice bike at $17K. I'd rather put the time in working on mine with making it the way I want to. I'm sure I'll change other things along the way. It's been an ever changing bike. But, created many stories and memories with friends along the way.
        Yeah man, I was just using it as a visual for ya.

Comment

• monkeyoflove
          • Jul 2010

check this dude out on my local CL http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5120412373.html

Comment

• monkeyoflove
            • Jul 2010

his is a 96 Click image for larger version

Name:	00q0q_9pEjCFEBEnP_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1284447

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Touring triple clamps are different so fork stop mods may be needed. Handling will be worse but it could look interesting.

You can find a variety of wide glides to mix and match parts, for example using a Softail front fork setup (triple clamps probably work) with wheel of choice.

Comment

• bobscogin
                • Jun 2011

Since the FLT was introduced in 1980 the touring bikes have had "backwards" triple trees (steering axis forward of tubes) that will not work on the other Harley frames. The good news is that the tubes and lowers work fine with the "conventional" Wide Glide trees. I just did this on my '96 Dyna using FXWG trees, Softail tubes and 2000-2007 lowers.

Bob

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;