CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I agree with your assessment of the scum level of the current field. But I am still puzzled by what people wanting Biden to testify are looking for, other than a Scorched Earth attack on the Dems. The trial is about Trump misusing his office and obstructing Congress. NOT what the Bidens did.

I would be all for an investigation of the Bidens, but regardless of what they have done, none of it is applicable to the charges against Trump, even if all the rumors are true.

Get Adobe Flash player

There are basically two views..

The non political take:

Well, by treaty, we are obligated to investigate corruption in Ukraine. Trump has gone above and beyond in providing aid to them. It now includes lethal aid, including Javelin anti-tank weapons. These will be pointed at Russian troops..

The president was new and a complete political outsider. (He is a former comedian, actually.) Nobody knew what to think of him? Is he straight? Can he be trusted with lethal arms? Is he corrupt? Because the country is one of the most corrupt on earth. Allegedly the Ukrainians had enough of it and elected an outsider to clean it up.

So, Trump is investigating corruption and gauging the man. This seems reasonable. Hunter and Joe were undoubtedly engaged in shady things there, he asked about it. I think this is reasonable.

The political take:

Since democrats placed unfair restrictions on republicans during the house impeachment proceedings, there is a desire to spank them and calling Joe and Hunter is a tit for tat move.

In truth? Both are probably equally motivating for senate republicans. Congressmen are quite arrogant and don't like to feel disrespected.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    I agree with your assessment of the scum level of the current field. But I am still puzzled by what people wanting Biden to testify are looking for, other than a Scorched Earth attack on the Dems. The trial is about Trump misusing his office and obstructing Congress. NOT what the Bidens did.

I would be all for an investigation of the Bidens, but regardless of what they have done, none of it is applicable to the charges against Trump, even if all the rumors are true.
    The implication is that the Bidens were taking US funds through foreign aid, therefore it was not an abuse of power....I don't write a check to the IRS to fund Biden's children. Trump was right to insisted on an investigation, particularly after Joe's bragged about getting Shokin fired

https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

Get Adobe Flash player

More shoes drop..

Warren's daughter is setting up a business while Liz is head of the TARP oversight committee. Her daughter benefits wildly by the same banks Warren is bailing out.

Aunt Amy Klobochaurlghflghdsaljkh takes donations from major contributors, then pushes legislation for them three days later..

Get Adobe Flash player

If for even a second I believed that Trump was interested in corruption, other than what his family is getting out of China, I would say OK.

But by refusing to allow anyone in his administration testify we have to assume he is guilty. As Trump himself said, these are paraphrasing his words, "Anyone who would block testimony must be guilty as hell". Of course he was talking about Obama at the time, but this is certainly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I am sorry but if anyone truly thinks Trump was doing this for noble reasons, I have a very rare Panhead I will sell you for 1 million dollars, it was ridden by Jesus himself! No really, trust me, it's true!

Get Adobe Flash player

He isn't "getting anything out of China" and cabinet members and trusted advisors have executive privilege, which has existed forever. Democrats know that which is why they didn't wait to take it to court.

You can't just take a cabinet member and sweat him down in a Q&A session, and they know that.. So they howled about it, made a scene, then quietly dropped it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have to differ with you over China, after he was elected his lovely daughter received a fast track on a whole slew of copyrights worth millions. Funny how quickly people forget about that.

It was not just cabinet level people it was every request that Congress sent to him. Even Nixon and Clinton complied to congresses requests. He is NOT a king or a dictator, at least not yet, Congress IS a CO-EQUAL part of our government charged with OVERSIGHT of EVERYTHING that he does.

More than anything else this is the most concerning point of Trump being in office, the total close off of OUR government from the people.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have to differ with you over China, after he was elected his lovely daughter received a fast track on a whole slew of copyrights worth millions. Funny how quickly people forget about that.

It was not just cabinet level people it was every request that Congress sent to him. Even Nixon and Clinton complied to congresses requests. He is NOT a king or a dictator, at least not yet, Congress IS a CO-EQUAL part of our government charged with OVERSIGHT of EVERYTHING that he does.

More than anything else this is the most concerning point of Trump being in office, the total close off of OUR government from the people.
    Thanks for putting the focus back on the big picture and Trump.
    Some can't seem to do that and want to take the scatter-gun to all the Dem. candidates. in a nervous defense of Trump. Any of them are better fit to serve as President. Trump thinks he's a Mob Boss.

Get Adobe Flash player

1) Copyrights and trademarks aren't "worth millions" although the associated brands can be. They are granted as a matter of course by first world countries. All it means is you can't start a motorcycle company and call it "Harley Davidson" because someone already registered that name as a trademark, and copyrighted imagery, signage, etc, associated with their brand.

This level of nitpicking is unprecedented, frankly.. Ivanka had a successful business before Trump was elected. There's nothing nefarious here whatsoever.

Frankly? Who here really thinks China would screw over the POTUS's daughter on intellectual property, when they are negotiating a trade deal with the US that centers on a couple of major sticking points.. One of which is intellectual property?

That would be a very, very bad move..

2) That is not true. Bill Clinton claimed executive privilege 18 times and so abused the process he was actually rebuked by the courts.. Making him the first President since Nixon to be slapped down on an executive privilege claim.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hillcat View Post
    Thanks for putting the focus back on the big picture and Trump.
    Some can't seem to do that and want to take the scatter-gun to all the Dem. candidates.
    The dems did choose to make this about Joe and Hunter Biden..

I think that was a mistake considering they effectively dropped a nuke on their own front runner in the process.

And it will only get worse if he is called to testify in the Senate.

Trump didn't do that.. The democrats did.

Get Adobe Flash player

[QUOTE=hillcat;837278] Any of them are better fit to serve as President. Trump thinks he's a Mob Boss.[/QUOTE

And Warren thinks she's a descendent of an Indian Princess, Booker's a Thracian gladiator, Biden relevant, Klobachar thinks people are listening....what's your point.....other than being part of the "I hate Trump" slumber party?

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Drags...Please...Painter ? I can't tell if he's botoxed beyond reasonable limits or enjoying an enema during the interview.

But he's more entertaining than the 1st Episode Schiff Show on location in the Senate

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Impeachment Trail has begun !!

Soon, we will know if breaking the law is illegal ....

Last edited by Dragstews; 3 Weeks Ago at 1:44 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes, I'm Anti-Trump. Anybody but Trump. Anybody. Drain the swamp. Give somebody else a shot.
    16,000 lies and going.

Get Adobe Flash player

I tried to read the list of "lies" once and gave up when most of the "lies" were lies...

#2 on the list..

“The catastrophe, the disaster known as NAFTA…. Our jobs left, our factories closed.”
    Even Bernie agrees with this one..

*yawns loudly*

Get Adobe Flash player

My favorite is the Bloomberg campaign ad blames Trump for recent hurricanes and erupting volcanoes.......shit even when I was high I couldn't have made this shit up!

I've come to a conclusion on this matter. Our economy is so robust, people have nothing to worry about any more....so they're just making shit up! A-hole Schiffties the worst at it, followed by All Out Crazy....Nadler is just too stupid to figure it out and Pelosi is having her day in the sun.......she get burned when it's over.

Meanwhile, I'll sit back, spark up a recently decriminalized doobie and watch the snowflakes melt.

Well, ya gotta remember, as far as weather is concerned, Trump DOES have a sharpie!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

A bigger shit storm would be why Biden, Pelosi, Kerry & Romney all had children working for Ukrainian Utility Co. ? No Sharpie required.

Get Adobe Flash player

Trump's kid's and son-in-law have been given jobs in our government.
    What could be worse?

Share This