CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 20 of 438 First ... 1018192021223070120 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by krb View Post
    He was the guy who caused us to implement term limits for the oval office.
    As far as I remember they were always in place for the President. They were lifted only because the country was involved in a World War and it gave us the chance to unify behind one leader because , as seen in Vietnam , when leaders change during war fare , so does policy making about how the war should be fought. While policy is busy being changed , men die in the field because there is no clear objective. Roosevelt still had to run.

That reason mentioned above is the only reason I voted for Bush during his second run for office. He was already involved in the 2nd Iraq war.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 47str8leg View Post
    As far as I remember they were always in place for the President.
    You remember wrong. It was a tradition from the beginning because Washington had only served two terms but there was nothing official until the 22nd Amendment.

You're also wrong (or not completely right, at any rate) about the war because FDR was already in his third term when the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor.

Get Adobe Flash player

I think at that time we really needed someone no matter how many terms it took that cared enough to get this country back on it's feet.....

The new deal worked and now we need another one..... But it will never happen again..... To many greedy people......

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    I think at that time we really needed someone no matter how many terms it took that cared enough to get this country back on it's feet.....

The new deal worked and now we need another one..... But it will never happen again..... To many greedy people......
    You had that option with Bernie but the masses didn't take it and a lot of us that live outside the US can not understand it

You know things like free/cheap healthcare and education are achievable - just got to get out of spending so much on wars in far away places - seems like a fair trade to me but then I no longer live in the US
    Last edited by panheadpete; 06-09-2016 at 1:46 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

If the healthcare is "free" who pays for it?I know when I get a free beer that the one who bought it for me paid for it.ain't nothing free

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by panheadpete View Post
    You had that option with Bernie but the masses didn't take it and a lot of us that live outside the US can not understand it

You know things like free/cheap healthcare and education are achievable - just got to get out of spending so much on wars in far away places - seems like a fair trade to me but then I no longer live in the US

I don't believe the new deal had anything to do with free.... He put people back to work after the depression...... Building roads, bridges,etc.........

That's what we need today is put people to work instead of giving money to people that think deserve a free hand out.....

Get Adobe Flash player

...that comes outta my fuckin pocket

Get Adobe Flash player

Mandatory drug testing for ANY public assistance

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    ...that comes outta my fuckin pocket
    What does??? Building roads???? Sure it does but at least you and I benefit from it... I don't get shit from taking care of women that doesn't work with 5 kids.......

Get Adobe Flash player

I totally agree with that........

Get Adobe Flash player

I think this is a red herring. Will drug testing REALLY solve the problem? Or will it just put more inner city folks further behind which will put more pressure on the system? Then you'll have the occasional middle-class up standing folk who smoked a single doob 3 weeks ago but now is fucked out of unemployment check that will get him through between jobs. The bank forecloses on his house, wife and kids in the street......but we'll just chalk that up to collateral damage right?

How about the govt just runs unemployment like it was supposed to? I remember years ago I had to prove where and when I as applying for jobs or I didn't get a check. It was intimidating going to the window and praying I was going to get by another 2 weeks. You didn't get a job in 6 months,....you were fucked. Now people just extend or find some govt provided loophole.

1 reason unemployment is costing us so much. Lazy fucks who won't take menial jobs. Yea, the economy sucks but every where I look there's help wanted signs. Fuck,....I could snatch up the free shit on Craigslist and hustle it for $$$ if really pressed.

But back to Trump,....holy fuck,....this guy might actually win!!! On one hand I am curious to see what would happen in a Trump presidency. Crash and burn? Economic prosperity for all? Status quo????

Get Adobe Flash player

Fail Initial drug test.they put you in a program to help you.fail additional drug tests,you are out of the system.it takes money to buy drugs(yes I myself am an occasional drug user but would rather have a roof over my head and a full belly than get fucked up.yeah I know I'm in the minority of those who have priorities) that could be used for survival.the system needs a revamp.decriminalize drug use and take the band aids off the problems and fix them. But there would no longer be any money for Big Gov't and Big Pharma.the man must get paid at all costs

Get Adobe Flash player

As for the lazy fucks...I know plenty of menial jobs in my state they can do under the state,road clean up,building maintenance... You get the picture.don't wanna do it? NO CHECK.set up a program where you have to work at small businesses and the business pays a small monthly fee for the service.the menial work gets done,the benefit collector gets paid.

Get Adobe Flash player

As for the lazy fucks...I know plenty of menial jobs in my state they can do under the state,road clean up,building maintenance... You get the picture.don't wanna do it? NO CHECK.set up a program where you have to work at small businesses and the business pays a small monthly fee for the service.the menial work gets done,the benefit collector gets paid.
    Why not do with unemployment insurance what's being done to healthcare. Mandate that everyone purchase their own damn insurance policy. You're paying into it now anyway,....may as well get the govt out of it and get your own policy that you can customize.

Doc,...now we're trying to make sense tho......

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    Why not do with unemployment insurance what's being done to healthcare. Mandate that everyone purchase their own damn insurance policy. You're paying into it now anyway,....may as well get the govt out of it and get your own policy that you can customize.

Doc,...now we're trying to make sense tho......
    Lol.we'll have none of that

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    He put people back to work after the depression...... Building roads, bridges,etc.........
    The new deal was during the depression, not after. He did put people to work after the depression, but the work wasn't building roads and bridges, it was fighting the Germans and Japanese. The new deal "worked" in many ways, if nothing else we needed those roads and bridges and hydroelectric dams to support the war effort, but it did not do much to bring the US out of the depression. It was WWII that did that.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by krb View Post
    The new deal was during the depression, not after. He did put people to work after the depression, but the work wasn't building roads and bridges, it was fighting the Germans and Japanese. The new deal "worked" in many ways, if nothing else we needed those roads and bridges and hydroelectric dams to support the war effort, but it did not do much to bring the US out of the depression. It was WWII that did that.

Yep that was one of many things it took.........

Get Adobe Flash player

The bad thing is Obama is not helping anyone, Killery will be another four years of the same, or worst, her husband left office they were broke now they are worth hundreds of millions, how does that happen? What the fuck give the brother a chance, this mite be the change that Obama promised, in a good way, there are too many people unemployment, I am one of those that ran out of unemployment not even being counted in labor market any more, people better watch what they ask for. Ever month the bills still come in, but who needs light, or water, you know the luxuries of life.

Get Adobe Flash player

OK so Hillary is a better choice?I feel the same about her people as you do Trump supporters

Share This