Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalheart28
    • Feb 2014

Fool proof smoked ribs. Get a rack of babyback or st louis style spare ribs and peel the membrane off the back, gripping it with some paper towel will help, then rub with a cooking oil like olive oil or canola and hit with your rub of choice. smoke the ribs uncovered for 3 hours at around 240 degrees, after 3 hours lay out 2 layers of heavy duty foil and lay ribs on top and coat ribs with half a cup or so of brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of butter and drizzle with honey. Start to wrap the ribs and pour 1 cup of water in the foil and seal tight and return to smoker or grill for 2 more hours after these 2 hours the ribs should be fork tender. Pull the ribs off the grill and drain the juice that is in the foil into a bowl and discard the foil and return the ribs to the grill and then baste the ribs with that juice a few times over the next half hour. Boom done! no need for sauce with these. The juice that they cooked will make them taste better than any sauce ever could. Try it out and it will be your go to recipe

Comment

• metalheart28
      • Feb 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190824_192716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	1312979

Comment

• Revelator
        • Aug 2009

Years ago My Father married a Chamoro woman (from the Island of Guam)
        The Chamoro's primarily use an easily made home made "sauce"
        or "condiment" for Their cooked meat, Known as Finadene (pronounced:
        Fin - uh - dinny

Click image for larger version

Name:	finadene.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	1313017

there are different variations, My Step Mother uses:
        Soy Sauce
        Lemon Juice (fresh)
        Vinegar
        Yellow Onion
        Green Onion
        Donie Peppers (or similar small, red, hot peppers)
        & cherry tomatoes
        All chopped into small bits

The Chamoros put it on the grilled meat & also their Rice, which They
        ALWAYS have with meat, At Holidays They usually cook up a batch
        of Orange Rice.

Here's a link for more info https://itanohu.blogspot.com/2013/03...ne-recipe.html
        Last edited by Revelator; 09-07-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• DustyDave
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Revelator that reminded me of the marinated bacon recipe I got from a Guy from a little island off Gaum. It's better if you have Island chilies to add on top of the americanised recipe that he made for northern New Mexico.
          2 lbs bacon, cheap is fine
          1 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
          1⁄4 cup tong of sriracha sauce
          3 tablespoons oriental chili paste or 3 teaspoons vietnamese garlic and red chile paste
          1 tablespoon granulated garlic omit if using the garlic chili

DIRECTIONS
          Pour everything except the bacon in a one gallon bag and mix well shake and knead way longer than you think.
          Place the bacon in the bag one slice at a time moving the bag to cover each slice with the marinade or they will stick together and not marinate.
          when there isn't enough marinade to cover any more bacon stop filling even if it's a little more or less than 2 lbs.
          Place in the refrigerator, turning every time you open the fridge. Marinate at least over night up to a week. Over a week won't hurt the taste but the texture gets a little weird after a week or so.
          Grill very slowly. I prefer it slightly soft but you can crisp it up if you prefer.
          Dusty
          Driving that train, high on cocaine
          Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
          Trouble ahead, trouble behind
          And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• KevinN
            • May 2014

That Finadene brings back memories. Just about every restaurant I ate at on Guam had it sitting on the table. Many variations from restaurant to restaurant, all good.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DustyDave
              Revelator that reminded me of the marinated bacon recipe I got from a Guy from a little island off Gaum. It's better if you have Island chilies to add on top of the americanised recipe that he made for northern New Mexico.
              2 lbs bacon, cheap is fine
              1 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
              1⁄4 cup tong of sriracha sauce
              3 tablespoons oriental chili paste or 3 teaspoons vietnamese garlic and red chile paste
              1 tablespoon granulated garlic omit if using the garlic chili

DIRECTIONS
              Pour everything except the bacon in a one gallon bag and mix well shake and knead way longer than you think.
              Place the bacon in the bag one slice at a time moving the bag to cover each slice with the marinade or they will stick together and not marinate.
              when there isn't enough marinade to cover any more bacon stop filling even if it's a little more or less than 2 lbs.
              Place in the refrigerator, turning every time you open the fridge. Marinate at least over night up to a week. Over a week won't hurt the taste but the texture gets a little weird after a week or so.
              Grill very slowly. I prefer it slightly soft but you can crisp it up if you prefer.
              Dusty

Now that sounds awesome as hell.......

You can't hurt pig..............

Comment

• DustyDave
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Now that sounds awesome as hell.......

You can't hurt pig..............
                It never fails to draw a crowd! First time I made it I made a couple of pounds and ran out before the party really started. Iv'e been cooking more and more over the last 30 years and at Carol's wake I finally had leftovers from 20 pounds!
                Dusty

Comment

• btalley63
                  • Apr 2024

It never fails to draw a crowd! First time I made it I made a couple of pounds and ran out before the party really started. Iv'e been cooking more and more over the last 30 years and at Carol's wake I finally had leftovers from 20 pounds!
                  Dusty
                  Man, that does sound awesome. I just grilled some dove with bacon and jalapeños. This might put a new twist on the dove.

Comment

• hillcat
                    • Mar 2015

wow that stuff sounds dangerous! 2 lbs. at least for sure.
                    What is a 1/4 cup "tong" of sriracha sauce? I have sriracha sauce but... tong?

Comment

• DustyDave
                      Super Moderator
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
                      wow that stuff sounds dangerous! 2 lbs. at least for sure.
                      What is a 1/4 cup "tong" of sriracha sauce? I have sriracha sauce but... tong?
                      My favorite brand.
                      Dusty

Comment

• ReggieGirl
                        • Mar 2019

Duck boneless leg of lamb another duck on the spit marinated with wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic,salt & pepper
                        a can of cherry pie filling, a can of sour cherries, A can of black berry pie filling, a can of peach slices with a box of cheap cake mix poured on top and sugar with cinnamon sprinkled on top in the Dutch Oven
                        https://<a href="http://s657.photobu...jtg.jpg"/></a>

While the meat is resting a few chese stuffed green chilies.
                        https://<a href="http://s657.photobu...y0e.jpg"/></a>
                        Proceed to feast
                        Dusty
                        This sounds and looks delicious! I just wanted to ask do any of use an infrared thermometer when cooking outdoors? I was told by various people that I need one as mentioned here https://pizzaovenradar.com/p/best-in...or-pizza-oven/ before building a grill or an oven like this. Thanks.

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Humans were cooking over fires before we knew what IR was, but those thermometers are a lot of interesting fun to use so why not?

Comment

• DustyDave
                            Super Moderator
                            • Oct 2012

I have a IR thermometer and a bluetooth thermometer that I can leave the lid closed and read the temp, but once the novelty wore off they both ended up in the back of the junk drawer. I just prefer to open the lid, see what's going on and feel the instant read thermometer pierce the meat.
                            IR thermometers are great for mechanicing never found anything so handy for finding dead cylinders on V12 N V16 Detroits but I just prefer instant read probe style for cooking.
                            Dusty

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;