Are there any round swingarms that are not 9-1/8 inside or is this one tweaked?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xnewmanx
    • Aug 2012

Are there any round swingarms that are not 9-1/8 inside or is this one tweaked?

I got this round swingarm a few days ago and just got around to installing it. My first clue that something was up was that the axle spacers that came on the complete wheel that I got didn't fit, thought that was odd... as it was pulled complete from a running bike.

Then the sprocket seemed off, put a straightedge on it and it's about 3/8" off toward the non-drum side. Even with no spacers installed on the drive side of the wheel (which is a midstar) there is no way that the sprockets will align. I did verify the transmission was not angled and the primary drive pulleys align perfectly.

Lastly, I measured inside to inside of the axle plates and got just a hair over 8-5/8.

This swingarm must be bent, right? I was under the impression that all round swingarms were 9-1/8 inside.

• bparsel
    • Jul 2011

I have no idea if they are all 9 1/8....but Im happy to measure it on my '71 this afternoon for you as a comparison.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;