CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Choppers SUCK! Or, how to stay legal and safe on your Sporty.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna turn my EFI Sporty into a deaf mute that can't talk to a tuner... Ended up with a lesson on equipment laws (by folks in other states), road safety, and driving etiquette. Neat!

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1906203

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh, you discourteous scofflaw bikers! I register zero on my surprise meter that you inspired such a response on THAT forum...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna turn my EFI Sporty into a deaf mute that can't talk to a tuner... Ended up with a lesson on equipment laws (by folks in other states), road safety, and driving etiquette. Neat!

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1906203
    NO HORN!?!?!?!?! GOD DAMN IT MAN.....THAT IS UNSAFE!!!!! Hahaha, in 20 yrs of riding I cant think of 1 instance on a bike where Ive used a horn for anything other than getting someones attention so I can give them the bird.

Get Adobe Flash player

I blow my horn everyday when I go past my aunt's house just to say hi but other than that I've never used it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bparsel View Post
    NO HORN!?!?!?!?! GOD DAMN IT MAN.....THAT IS UNSAFE!!!!! Hahaha, in 20 yrs of riding I cant think of 1 instance on a bike where Ive used a horn for anything other than getting someones attention so I can give them the bird.
    I used it once. Still had to kick the side of the womans car to get her attention. Honking the horn, revving the engine, and yelling weren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzilla View Post
    I blow my horn everyday when I go past my aunt's house just to say hi but other than that I've never used it.
    I feel like there's a masturbation joke in there somewhere.

Get Adobe Flash player

Given the frequent tendency of motorcycle headlights to stop emitting photons at awkward times (like "at night") I question the wisdom of eliminating one filament as a player when there are so many ways to hide a switch including exploiting a keyswitch position if extreme minimalism is desired.

Fuck the legality. I've replaced too many headlight bulbs and sealed beams to trust them and when they go out at speed switching filaments beats suddenly losing vision on a dark road.

OTOH it's a good excuse to carry a Streamlight LED flashlight. (caresses Streamlight[s])

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Given the frequent tendency of motorcycle headlights to stop emitting photons at awkward times (like "at night") I question the wisdom of eliminating one filament as a player when there are so many ways to hide a switch including exploiting a keyswitch position if extreme minimalism is desired.

Fuck the legality. I've replaced too many headlight bulbs and sealed beams to trust them and when they go out at speed switching filaments beats suddenly losing vision on a dark road.

OTOH it's a good excuse to carry a Streamlight LED flashlight. (caresses Streamlight[s])
    Shit dude you are totally right.

Get Adobe Flash player

Those guys should see my daily. KC spotlight for a headlight, led screwed to the plate for a tail, and nothing else if it don't make it go, turn, or stop.

Get Adobe Flash player

How about the clapper for a headlight switch?that'd be fun.clap On clap off the clapper
    Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 07-09-2015 at 7:08 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post

I carry my Surefire everywhere I don't ride outside of the city very often. Not too worried about my headlight going out.

Get Adobe Flash player

In all fairness, XLforum is a good place to get info when needed. With XLForum you won't know which wax to buy for your ironic mustache, or which 150 dollar vest to buy.

I digress. You posted in the EFI section over there. I am not surprised by the responses you received. You might ask to have it moved or start another thread in the "CHOPPER" or "PROJECT" sections. Someone over there did a TON of elimination stuff on an EFI bike and documented his work. Kramer or Crazy Kramer or something like that.

I pretty much just frequent the Ironhead section over there....lots of good info, just realize it isn't Chopcult. Good Luck.

EDIT: I found a bunch of threads by the Cosmo Kramer guy, some of which will probably help you. The search feature is SO much better over there than here.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...archid=8723925
    Last edited by IronheadVic; 07-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I spend a lot of time learning in the Ironhead section over there, there is some super knowledgable dudes in there but yeah, unless you're planning a restoration they generally ignore you.

Cisco726

Are you insane? This weekend??!!! Have you memorized the schematics yet??!!!

Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by IronheadVic View Post
    In all fairness, XLforum is a good place to get info when needed. With XLForum you won't know which wax to buy for your ironic mustache, or which 150 dollar vest to buy.

I digress. You posted in the EFI section over there. I am not surprised by the responses you received. You might ask to have it moved or start another thread in the "CHOPPER" or "PROJECT" sections. Someone over there did a TON of elimination stuff on an EFI bike and documented his work. Kramer or Crazy Kramer or something like that.

I pretty much just frequent the Ironhead section over there....lots of good info, just realize it isn't Chopcult. Good Luck.

EDIT: I found a bunch of threads by the Cosmo Kramer guy, some of which will probably help you. The search feature is SO much better over there than here.

Sorry, Google Search does not work any better searching for shit on the Xlforum, than it does for ChopCult.
    Sometimes you have to know how to look for what your looking for to find it...lrn2internet!
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 07-10-2015 at 3:19 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by IronheadVic View Post

X2- I hang out in the ironhead section and just ask tech questions and get the fuck out.

trainman posts some good woman nsfw pics and some actually have bike pics in them

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleduster View Post
    Sorry, Google Search does not work any better searching for shit on the Xlforum, than it does for ChopCult.
    Sometimes you have to know how to look for what your looking for to find it...lrn2internet!
    I have no idea what you are talking about. When I use the "Search Function" from within Chopcults forum software, and I use the "Search Function" from within the XLForum's forum software.....I get so much more from XLforum returns.

Get Adobe Flash player

that forum and it's associated faggotry is what first drove me into 33's arms. everyone there is a butthurt little pussy.

Cisco726

Get what you need from it and come here to get what you want. The booty call and the womerns.

Get Adobe Flash player

Aw, c'mon guys. I think you're reading too much into the thread. The guys were just being polite and offering their opinions on safety. Their concern for another bike enthusiast's safety is actually admirable. To assume that they are concerned about $150 vests and moustache wax is really.....childish.

But, to your defense, I don't frequent that forum, so I don't really know how they are there. Maybe I should read more of what they have to say? I dunno? But I really can't see the benefit as I don't ride a girl's bike.

Share This