CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,722

    Default Choppers SUCK! Or, how to stay legal and safe on your Sporty.

    I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna turn my EFI Sporty into a deaf mute that can't talk to a tuner... Ended up with a lesson on equipment laws (by folks in other states), road safety, and driving etiquette. Neat!

    http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1906203

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Oh, you discourteous scofflaw bikers! I register zero on my surprise meter that you inspired such a response on THAT forum...

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna turn my EFI Sporty into a deaf mute that can't talk to a tuner... Ended up with a lesson on equipment laws (by folks in other states), road safety, and driving etiquette. Neat!

    http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1906203
    NO HORN!?!?!?!?! GOD DAMN IT MAN.....THAT IS UNSAFE!!!!! Hahaha, in 20 yrs of riding I cant think of 1 instance on a bike where Ive used a horn for anything other than getting someones attention so I can give them the bird.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,328

    Default

    I blow my horn everyday when I go past my aunt's house just to say hi but other than that I've never used it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bparsel View Post
    NO HORN!?!?!?!?! GOD DAMN IT MAN.....THAT IS UNSAFE!!!!! Hahaha, in 20 yrs of riding I cant think of 1 instance on a bike where Ive used a horn for anything other than getting someones attention so I can give them the bird.
    I used it once. Still had to kick the side of the womans car to get her attention. Honking the horn, revving the engine, and yelling weren't enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzilla View Post
    I blow my horn everyday when I go past my aunt's house just to say hi but other than that I've never used it.
    I feel like there's a masturbation joke in there somewhere.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,294

    Default

    Given the frequent tendency of motorcycle headlights to stop emitting photons at awkward times (like "at night") I question the wisdom of eliminating one filament as a player when there are so many ways to hide a switch including exploiting a keyswitch position if extreme minimalism is desired.

    Fuck the legality. I've replaced too many headlight bulbs and sealed beams to trust them and when they go out at speed switching filaments beats suddenly losing vision on a dark road.

    OTOH it's a good excuse to carry a Streamlight LED flashlight. (caresses Streamlight[s])

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Given the frequent tendency of motorcycle headlights to stop emitting photons at awkward times (like "at night") I question the wisdom of eliminating one filament as a player when there are so many ways to hide a switch including exploiting a keyswitch position if extreme minimalism is desired.

    Fuck the legality. I've replaced too many headlight bulbs and sealed beams to trust them and when they go out at speed switching filaments beats suddenly losing vision on a dark road.

    OTOH it's a good excuse to carry a Streamlight LED flashlight. (caresses Streamlight[s])
    Shit dude you are totally right.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Those guys should see my daily. KC spotlight for a headlight, led screwed to the plate for a tail, and nothing else if it don't make it go, turn, or stop.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    How about the clapper for a headlight switch?that'd be fun.clap On clap off the clapper
    Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 07-09-2015 at 7:08 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Given the frequent tendency of motorcycle headlights to stop emitting photons at awkward times (like "at night") I question the wisdom of eliminating one filament as a player when there are so many ways to hide a switch including exploiting a keyswitch position if extreme minimalism is desired.

    Fuck the legality. I've replaced too many headlight bulbs and sealed beams to trust them and when they go out at speed switching filaments beats suddenly losing vision on a dark road.

    OTOH it's a good excuse to carry a Streamlight LED flashlight. (caresses Streamlight[s])
    I carry my Surefire everywhere I don't ride outside of the city very often. Not too worried about my headlight going out.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    In all fairness, XLforum is a good place to get info when needed. With XLForum you won't know which wax to buy for your ironic mustache, or which 150 dollar vest to buy.

    I digress. You posted in the EFI section over there. I am not surprised by the responses you received. You might ask to have it moved or start another thread in the "CHOPPER" or "PROJECT" sections. Someone over there did a TON of elimination stuff on an EFI bike and documented his work. Kramer or Crazy Kramer or something like that.

    I pretty much just frequent the Ironhead section over there....lots of good info, just realize it isn't Chopcult. Good Luck.

    EDIT: I found a bunch of threads by the Cosmo Kramer guy, some of which will probably help you. The search feature is SO much better over there than here.


    http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...archid=8723925
    Last edited by IronheadVic; 07-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I spend a lot of time learning in the Ironhead section over there, there is some super knowledgable dudes in there but yeah, unless you're planning a restoration they generally ignore you.

  13. #13
    Cisco726
    Guest

    Default

    Are you insane? This weekend??!!! Have you memorized the schematics yet??!!!

  14. #14
    Knuckleduster
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronheadVic View Post
    In all fairness, XLforum is a good place to get info when needed. With XLForum you won't know which wax to buy for your ironic mustache, or which 150 dollar vest to buy.

    I digress. You posted in the EFI section over there. I am not surprised by the responses you received. You might ask to have it moved or start another thread in the "CHOPPER" or "PROJECT" sections. Someone over there did a TON of elimination stuff on an EFI bike and documented his work. Kramer or Crazy Kramer or something like that.

    I pretty much just frequent the Ironhead section over there....lots of good info, just realize it isn't Chopcult. Good Luck.

    EDIT: I found a bunch of threads by the Cosmo Kramer guy, some of which will probably help you. The search feature is SO much better over there than here.


    http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...archid=8723925
    Sorry, Google Search does not work any better searching for shit on the Xlforum, than it does for ChopCult.
    Sometimes you have to know how to look for what your looking for to find it...lrn2internet!
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 07-10-2015 at 3:19 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronheadVic View Post
    In all fairness, XLforum is a good place to get info when needed. With XLForum you won't know which wax to buy for your ironic mustache, or which 150 dollar vest to buy.

    I digress. You posted in the EFI section over there. I am not surprised by the responses you received. You might ask to have it moved or start another thread in the "CHOPPER" or "PROJECT" sections. Someone over there did a TON of elimination stuff on an EFI bike and documented his work. Kramer or Crazy Kramer or something like that.

    I pretty much just frequent the Ironhead section over there....lots of good info, just realize it isn't Chopcult. Good Luck.

    EDIT: I found a bunch of threads by the Cosmo Kramer guy, some of which will probably help you. The search feature is SO much better over there than here.


    http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...archid=8723925
    X2- I hang out in the ironhead section and just ask tech questions and get the fuck out.

  16. #16

    Default

    trainman posts some good woman nsfw pics and some actually have bike pics in them

  17. #17
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleduster View Post
    Sorry, Google Search does not work any better searching for shit on the Xlforum, than it does for ChopCult.
    Sometimes you have to know how to look for what your looking for to find it...lrn2internet!
    I have no idea what you are talking about. When I use the "Search Function" from within Chopcults forum software, and I use the "Search Function" from within the XLForum's forum software.....I get so much more from XLforum returns.

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    840

    Default

    that forum and it's associated faggotry is what first drove me into 33's arms. everyone there is a butthurt little pussy.

  19. #19
    Cisco726
    Guest

    Default

    Get what you need from it and come here to get what you want. The booty call and the womerns.

  20. #20
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Aw, c'mon guys. I think you're reading too much into the thread. The guys were just being polite and offering their opinions on safety. Their concern for another bike enthusiast's safety is actually admirable. To assume that they are concerned about $150 vests and moustache wax is really.....childish.

    But, to your defense, I don't frequent that forum, so I don't really know how they are there. Maybe I should read more of what they have to say? I dunno? But I really can't see the benefit as I don't ride a girl's bike.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in