X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

Shovelhead pushrod cover lengths

Hi people,
    just a quick one I hope someone will know....
    does anyone know if S&S shovelheads use standard length/height Shovelhead push rod covers,?
    I dont at this point know the motor size & he's not sure as he got little details from the previous owner.
    I have a few spare new sets of stock Harley ones & a buddy needs a set for his S&S shovel motor,
    there were none on it when he got the motor,
    did they use longer clips,
    he's not close to me so i cant go measure his motor & not having any he cant measure them,
    plus his top ends off for a rebuild & clean up,
    I have looked on the S&S site & they dont show anything for their Shovel motors so no help there & i tried a search here but nothing came up,
    thanks in advance if ya can come up with the answer......
    ........................Pete
  • rockman96
    • May 2018

Not a direct answer to you, but maybe this will help some(?).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss91-9134sidewinder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	1321961

Comment

• tzienlee
      • Apr 2024

Thanks Rockman, have downloaded it so I can blow it up, cant see bugger all nowdays if its small !! hahahaha
      Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2022, 2:49 PM.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

The way S&S handled the longer (or shorter) cylinders was by using different length clips on the stock pushrod tubes. All you have to do is measure a cylinder gasket to gasket, and the length will determine which clips to use. A stock cylinder is 5.33 (roughly).

Jim

Comment

• tzienlee
          • Apr 2024

Thanks Jim,...
          thats good info, I will call dave tomorrow & get him to measure the cylinder, I though it may be down to the clips as I have seen them in different sizes but never an explination of what they were for, thanks fella....

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

The old S&S catalogs listed the clip sizes to use. You post the cylinder length and I will look up the clip length needed. I just ran into this while rebuilding an old 98 cu.in. Sidewinder motor. No clips in the box o' parts (naturally).

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;