CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Duchesne, Utah Shovelhead breakdown, help/suggestions needed

Hello

I am from Denmark and riding af Shovelhead FXE 1979 around the US. The bike broke down on me in Duchesne, Utah. Itīs the charging system that does not work anymore. Luckily I carry a fresh regulator and stator with me, so I have some spare parts that hopefully will do the job. I just need a garage or a good workshop around the area. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers, Finkster (Soren)

Get Adobe Flash player

Stock primary? unfortunately gotta pull the inner pri to replace the stator. Sure you need to? Got a multi meter with you? Check for ground, continuity, voltage output and amperage output.
    Cant help ya with a shop recommendation. But your gonna need seals and gaskets for the stair, so find a shop that knows the older stuff, they might even stock what you need.
    Regulator swap can be done on the side of the road.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Stock primary? unfortunately gotta pull the inner pri to replace the stator. Sure you need to? Got a multi meter with you? Check for ground, continuity, voltage output and amperage output.
    Cant help ya with a shop recommendation. But your gonna need seals and gaskets for the stair, so find a shop that knows the older stuff, they might even stock what you need.
    Regulator swap can be done on the side of the road.

Thx. for your reply.

I was fortunate that my problem was caused by a dead regulator/rectifier and a bad battery. And not the stator!! So I replaced both and then the bike fired up, charged and I could be on my way again. Yes I had a multimeter with me. Have had to many electrical problems in my time and I now I never go on a trip without that little thing and a good crimper.

Cheers, Soren

Share This