Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topshelf333
    • Jun 2015

1980 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD C1 Build

First time poster to the Chop Cult forums. Thought i would throw up some pictures of the build in its current state. I built a mono shock rear end, and had an adjustable shock built for my weight. The wiring is still a giant eyesore, but that will hopefully be worked on early next week. The seat came off an old tractor. I cut, shaped, powder coated the seat, and mounted it up on the brackets that i fabricated. Still need to do some fabricating ( battery box, mounts for floorboards, etc.), and need a hand full of parts yet (cables, Hard copper brake lines, head gasket, cam cover gasket, rings).

I Co-own a custom coating shop here in MN, so i will be powder coating , or Cerakoting everything on the bike. Frame, and swing arm will be splatter black, and the tank, wheels, and some accent pieces will be transparent copper.

Haven't decided what i want to do for colors on the engine yet.

Also trying to decide what i would like to do for exhaust, as i'm not looking to keep it headers only.

Plenty more pics to come, but if you have any questions, or comments, feel free to leave them in the thread.

Also see newly posted pictures on my instagram. @topshelf333

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
  • isabucket
    • Nov 2013

Pretty cool, I like the seat and the Mono shock.

Comment

• topshelf333
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by isabucket
      Pretty cool, I like the seat and the Mono shock.
      Thanks. Yeah, was a pretty quick process for the most part. Much better ride than the factory dual shock setup. My next build will probably be an xs650 hard tail, but hard tail just didnt seem right for this bike.

Comment

• topshelf333
        • Jun 2015

Also getting rid of stock tach, and speedo. Haven't decided on a replacement yet. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;