Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanger
    • Jan 2015

You get a bachelors degree in engineering and you won't be the one doing the climbing anymore. You'll be given all the people to do the job and you'll be responsible for the design.

Comment

• fish433
      • Feb 2012

Union Ironworkers it's all I have ever done pay is good and it's a brotherhood we all watch out for each other and most all of the other trades just stay the fuck out of the way not to mention it's a international union I have had the chance to work all over the place

And we are the ones that pit the wind mills up

Comment

• tomsoftail
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by fish433
        Union Ironworkers it's all I have ever done pay is good and it's a brotherhood we all watch out for each other and most all of the other trades just stay the fuck out of the way not to mention it's a international union I have had the chance to work all over the place

And we are the ones that pit the wind mills up
        Local 7 here in Boston has their own bail bondsman and lawyer on retainer and on call, short of a felony you'll be home for dinner. No construction goes on within 20 miles of Boston that ain't union, as far as steel waking goes. Service work for sure but remember a non-union shop didn't pull a permit and didn't ask for a fire watch and also didn't pay an alarm company to watch the panel. Just two fire fighters died that day.

Try and put up steel too close to the city and you'll be calling a tow truck to the site.
        Just sayin

Comment

• Grantman
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Shovelwitch
          Hey grant, what kind of starch do you guys use for those white collars to keep them so crisp and sharp looking?
          Sta-flo I think, I'd have to ask the maid.

Comment

• nuklhd
            • Sep 2013

what fish and tomsoftail recomend. if i was young and had to do it all over again it would be an iron worker. i did rod work for 10 years and rigged/erected/ operated many tower cranes. the rigging was what i really enjoyed.
            union iron worker. do it. now. remember, no scab stuff.

Comment

• Shovelwitch
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Grantman
              Sta-flo I think, I'd have to ask the maid.
              Haha, not brand name? I would have figured you to be a 3M man for sure, but how should I know any such things being a mere proletariat. Rich Urban Biker, by definition.

Comment

• fish433
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by tomsoftail
                Local 7 here in Boston has their own bail bondsman and lawyer on retainer and on call, short of a felony you'll be home for dinner. No construction goes on within 20 miles of Boston that ain't union, as far as steel waking goes. Service work for sure but remember a non-union shop didn't pull a permit and didn't ask for a fire watch and also didn't pay an alarm company to watch the panel. Just two fire fighters died that day.

Try and put up steel too close to the city and you'll be calling a tow truck to the site.
                Just sayin
                I was born in Boston granddad was local 7 the old man moved to cal in 75 I'm local 433 and so is my kid
                WORK UNION LIVE BETTER

Comment

• Pendulum
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Grantman
                  Damn, I make over double that, and I keep my feet on the ground most of the time. If I get off the ground I'm usually climbing stairs. Taxes eat my lunch though.
                  No shit man. I was just asking HR about lowering my federal withholding. I don't mind paying state taxes since I actually use the shit they pay for, but the only thing I can thing of that I use which is paid for by federal money is the I-10.

Comment

• Grantman
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Shovelwitch
                    Haha, not brand name? I would have figured you to be a 3M man for sure, but how should I know any such things being a mere proletariat. Rich Urban Biker, by definition.
                    I was kidding, I haven't used starch since I exited the USMC in 82. I am a true blue collar worker, they call our uniforms "smurf suits". But I did hit the job lottery when I got this gig. You are funny as hell though, I'd like to buy you a beer someday. Or smoke a fatty with you but I that'll have to wait 12 more years til I retire.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;