Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoLaneFever
    • Apr 2024

suzuki boulevards .good points bad points

picked up this 2005 Suzuki boulevard c50 old man bike, with 6455 miles on the clock, was a STEAL of price ,besides stripping the bagger stuff off ,any one mod these bikes much ? haven't found out much in searches ,unless you see bobbers
    (that word)show some moded boulevards, if you got pics,thanks . if you can tell the good things, and bad of this model,only recall notice found on this, was about key switch could stay on, if key not pulled out correctly in position of off, leaving the lights on .any knowledge is apppeciated,waiting on a factory book for it ,went from 72 sporty, to this bike, in a week, so now I,m in the ,shaft drive /water cooled world ,of bikes.alls good just a old dawg here ,trying to learn new tricks.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2015, 5:27 PM.
  • Hotel
    • Jun 2014

Threw a leg over a boulevard once. Forget the year, weighed more than my vtx but felt sooo much lighter. They balanced that bike extremely well.

Comment

• TwoLaneFever
      • Apr 2024

after 3 weeks and 1200 miles, it seems this wide ass bike ,actualy handles good, scrapped floor boards only once hahhaha ,will take a while to figure out, what needs to go and what will stay .but a windshield is another thing, at night you get reflection of the gauges, figured out ,you gotta look over the top and you can see fine .well maybe we can figure out how to give it a dose of cool or just ride it ,will see Click image for larger version

Name:	0608151331-00.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1283835Click image for larger version

Name:	0525151218-00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1283836" it will" take a while .to figure out how, it will get a face lift,I promise no freakin kurkeyan catalog crap
      Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2015, 7:38 PM.

Comment

• TwoLaneFever
        • Apr 2024

Now the miles are 8200, so its starting to feel rideable ,will hang curves like a rail,just feels funny pushing it around ,you push the bars down to turn wtf? found some pics of chopped boulevardsTTACH=CONFIG]62243[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	new_bi11.jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1284542so there is hope in chopping one .actualy the bike is a good solid engine,gearing lets you chug around in 4th or 5th gear,the bike will turn and do slow speed manuvers better then thought and if you nail it it will go pretty quick.till winter,it is being ridden as it came to me with added s bar so o/l dosent bailoff the back, " potential" is what I see when I look at it . so alls good .ride em, don't hide em.yes it is a kinda fugly stock looking bagger bike, but cost less new(6450 miles), than a used ,beat h/d sporty .and in 2000 miles, no probs other than draggin the floorboards ,just a stock boule,till winter, not much changeing ,just rideing the hell out of it
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2015, 6:32 PM.

Comment

• deville78
          • Aug 2015

Volusia riders.com is where you want to go.I ride a Boulevard m50 myself and I love the bike. it looks like it should weigh a lot more than what it does and it truly is balanced well more so than my old Vulcan 900 ever was. there are lots of things you can do to chop Bob cafe or whatever you want to do. check out John's kits.com for a forward control relocating kit. it will push your floorboards forward 3 inches and up 2.makes all the difference in the world. mine is slammed in the back four inches and it handles like a crotch rocket the main issue is the hump on the seat pan that will kill your tailbone. there's a way to remedy that just search on Vol rider site

Comment

• TwoLaneFever
            • Apr 2024

thanks for the tip deville ,seems there are lots of these bikes modded,just don't hear much of them in va.my bike is right at 8900 miles .and dosent do anything wrong minus one light bulb,so says to me these are well thought out by those slanty eyed guys , it looks like a small softtail clone, damn good ride, throwing the new treads on soon after, I score a rear for it .but the few mods wont be to far from stock(will see haha) but enough to make it run better,sorting thru which pipes and map box to go with.this bike makes a rider confident in quick maneuvers ,a freakin deer was in the road last weekend, ,whipped it around the little shit like , zoom ,done .I should have known, that zuks do handle great. Click image for larger version

Name:	0809151533-00.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1285418see, I have only had this bike since late may2015 I love it , I was rideing this sporty before, a world of difference from one to the other .cheers
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2015, 7:36 PM.

Comment

• deville78
              • Aug 2015

No prob. Ive modded the bejesus out of my M50 and it is built for me (giraffe legs and orangutan aarms). I love the ride but it needs another gear. The fix for this is a rear pumpkin from a c90, 109, or intruder 1400. The higher gear makes all the difference in the world. The trick is finding one......

Comment

• 2lanehighways
                • Apr 2024

check out this cholo Zuk, c 50 ,in the vid it,s the white bike .Cheers www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1p_gO3Q04g www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKGfq3kvpg
                Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2015, 6:48 PM.

Comment

• loddytoddy
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by 2lanehighways
                  check out this cholo Zuk, c 50 ,in the vid it,s the white bike .Cheers www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1p_gO3Q04g www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKGfq3kvpg
                  I think my next build after this Sportster chop will be cholo style

Comment

• 2lanehighways
                    • Apr 2024

yeah I m digging it ,seems the direction my bike is calling for ,and have started to find mod parts thanks to deville for aiming me to the v riders, lotta things out there found lowering brackets for the zuk and other tidbits so maybe the chopper gods will smile on my Zuk

Comment

• 2lanehighways
                      • Apr 2024

swiped this pic from Volusia riders ,lot of good info over there ,Click image for larger version

Name:	head-right.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1285832cheers,,here is a members bikeClick image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1285833yea more bagger types, but a few like the solo rig , if your into the boules,what you cant find here(33), they are a good place ,for info ..,
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2015, 7:40 PM.

Comment

• leadbelly
                        • Apr 2024

The C50's or M50s are great bikes, I have had a 2005 C50 for a couple of years, all done up to my taste. knocks em dead on the road.

Comment

• leadbelly
                          • Apr 2024

Heres my C50 in it's current form.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• 2lanehighways
                            • Apr 2024

whoa leadbelly. that's like ,damn nice ,,,pics of modded boules I,ve found,,,cheersClick image for larger version

Name:	rodriguez2.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1285877 Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_suzuki_boulevard_c50_w_custom_parts_and_extras_100330866752151878.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1285878Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1285879Click image for larger version

Name:	531cec3e3d8d6.jpg
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	1285880Click image for larger version

Name:	feb-jennifertorres.jpg
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1285881
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2015, 8:30 PM.

Comment

• 2lanehighways
                              • Apr 2024

this cholo bike in ealier vid, but now they tell you what is in the bike ,air ride ,over size bore,nos ,,,www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dfkOLt2wt8 www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNwc_awUes0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB8bTJ_PGg
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2015, 5:56 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;