Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatur
    • Apr 2013

Still shaping this up a little better. Its still pretty rough but should work out. Currently bracing the underside so it won't flex after painting.

Just enough room for my speedo and ignition in there. Nice and hidden.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

• cggorman
      • Jan 2016

I like the side view a lot. The front 3/4 view males the top of the cowl look a little flat. Looking forward to seeing the gauges in it.

Good Job!

Comment

• Westboundbiker
        • Oct 2014

Careful with how much you slid the forks up through the triple tree. It *may* get pretty squirrely and have some tank slappers, depending on the rest of the geometry. There are ways to reduce the height of your forks without sliding them up, but I'm not too sure of how on the kawis.

Comment

• mikecola
          • Oct 2010

Loving that small fairing

Comment

• Tatur
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Westboundbiker
            Careful with how much you slid the forks up through the triple tree. It *may* get pretty squirrely and have some tank slappers, depending on the rest of the geometry. There are ways to reduce the height of your forks without sliding them up, but I'm not too sure of how on the kawis.
            Oh yeah, those are not set to ride height just yet. With the new shocks out back and new springs up front, I get too much lean with the kickstand down. I'm modifying one of my extra kickstands to have an extension 'pad' of sorts to give it a little more height (I'll make a post about that later). Once I get that set, I'll lower the forks to have roughly 1" exposed up top. I'm sure there will be some trial and error on the final setup though. Thanks for looking out though!

Comment

• Tatur
              • Apr 2013

It's been a long while since an update. Here are some semi recent pics.

Comment

• cggorman
                • Jan 2016

So hot!

Comment

• Tatur
                  • Apr 2013

Thank you! Just doing what I can to make a CSR a little more appealing.

Comment

• Tatur
                    • Apr 2013

It feels like its been forever since I have updated this thread. Been pretty busy with trying to plan a wedding and find a house with a real garage. I am pretty much done with this build. I have a few areas to hit with some touch up paint and I still need to find a local sign painter to throw some numbers on the rear fender. But other than that, its pretty much done (until the next rendition). A few weeks ago I took it over to my brothers garage after a minor incident involving the fire department, a leaking petcock and my apartment complex. And to be honest, trying to tune a motorcycle in an apartment garage is super loud and my neighbors can only tolerate so much shenanigans from me. At my brothers, we spent a little longer than I am proud to admit trying to get it tuned again. Kept having issues with cylinders 1 and 3 not really firing. Keep in mind that we didn't adjust anything on the carbs when I took them off, so I was baffled. Turned out to be an intake leak between the engine and the carb inlet boots (whatever those are called). Tightened a few things and we are good. I have a small exhaust leak on #1, but should be corrected once the copper gaskets come in and get installed. For those curious about the tuning with the velocity stacks, the carbs are Mikuni BS34SS off a Suzuki 750/900 using 135 mains and 42.5 pilots. I'm using a semi-dense foam lawnmower filter inside the stacks to keep debris out. I think they are turned out about 2-2.5 turns on the air/fuel inlet. All running into a 4into1 exhaust. It sounds wonderful. For good measure, we decided to check the valve clearances. Some were a little loose, but still within tolerances. We added shims where needed. Sounds better now, less valve chatter. We finished this up this last weekend, but due to the rain, were unable to do my shake down runs. Weather should be clearing up tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Great news for me what aside from the horn, all my electrical was spot on after the rewiring was done. So many hours spent staring at various wiring diagrams and installing new connectors, heat shrink and wire loom covers actually paid off. I was real worried I would need to rip it back apart after I got it installed and tried to fire up the bike. Victory!

I finally got my seat done. I took the heavy metal pan I had made previously to a local upholsterer. Asked It took the guy I found a little longer than I would have liked, but the seat itself looks and feels great. And it only cost me $200 for everything. So I wasn't too worried about the wait.

underside:

Thanks again for everyone following along. Its been fun. I learned alot on this build. Some for the good and some for the bad. Next bike will be even better and much simpler.

Regards,
                    Matt

Comment

• Hotel
                      • Jun 2014

Such a awesome build.
                      Glad I came back and found the end result.
                      Impressive!

Comment

• Tatur
                        • Apr 2013

I forgot about this thread. Added a running light to the bike. Works great on country roads.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;