Am I just a hater? RE: hand shift w/ hand clutch.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rene53catalina
    • Sep 2013

yeah , hate is to strong , true , and respect guys who do everything themselves , i will neve say it to anybody`s face but if they ask i will tell them what i like and dont like , 100 guys 100 tastes ,

Comment

• ratrodder69
      • Jul 2014

Yup you're just a hater! I have a lot of strong opinions about things like this but it stops after I refuse to build it or even help you build it! I'm still not going to like it when I see it but can keep my mouth shut. Me personally I ride suicide clutch jockey shift on a buell bobber and have very few issues but I would hate to try a hard take off or an emergency maneuver/stop with that setup I like to ride hard and will not give that up for anything!

Comment

• Philphine
        • Jul 2013

my honda 600 was set up that way when i got it, but i took it off without even trying it. the guy i got it from lived on a hill and that wasn't the place i wanted to take my first shot at it. took it home on my truck and just ordered the parts i needed to put it back to right. if anyone else wants to do it, can't say i care one way or the other.

Comment

• Sky
          • Aug 2009

There were a million ways to poorly set up a set of cycle controls. I test ride lots of wacky chops and vintage bikes too. Some with ,gasp, manual advance. And they all suck but mine
          The trick is to set a bike up for your body ergonomics and to a suited purpose.

Comment

• Westboundbiker
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rene53catalina
            yeah well , there are some more things personally i hate the flat rear fenders , they are for trailers not for motorcycles , and when people throw on a solo seat with springs on a bike with rear suspension and call the ugly fuck a custom
            Oh God. Yeah. I see so many of those sprung seats on softails... drives me nuts. It's one thing when the bike is a monoshock, like a V Star, where you can have the softail ride, hardtail look... But when you have visible shocks, and springs... I cannot stand it. And unlike some people who are too PC to say anything, and feel it's all rainbows and sunshine, I fucking say something about it. If no one ever criticized anything, nothing would ever improve. If you think my bike is the shit or just shit, tell me. It's called an opinion, everyone has one, and people need to get some thicker skin.

Comment

• loddytoddy
              • Jul 2014

if the clutch isn't on the bars you should be mashing it with your foot..

Comment

• davidabl
                • Nov 2009

Those things look just like the operator's controls on the cable cars in San Francisco.

Comment

• seaking
                  • Jul 2013

Big Twins should be called "high horses."

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

Some with ,gasp, manual advance.
                    Those had a practical purpose long ago, especially when petrol quality was often far below modern "regular". You can read references to "pool petrol" in old British mags. Modern riders often forget that "manual advance" also permits
                    "manual retard" as required. The auto advance mechanisms on motorcycles often had feeble parts and shitty springs. Compared to that a cable-operated timing control could be quite reliable.

Comment

• crush1776
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Westboundbiker
                      Oh God. Yeah. I see so many of those sprung seats on softails... drives me nuts. It's one thing when the bike is a monoshock, like a V Star, where you can have the softail ride, hardtail look... But when you have visible shocks, and springs... I cannot stand it. And unlike some people who are too PC to say anything, and feel it's all rainbows and sunshine, I fucking say something about it. If no one ever criticized anything, nothing would ever improve. If you think my bike is the shit or just shit, tell me. It's called an opinion, everyone has one, and people need to get some thicker skin.

Ok then, I'm calling you out on not knowing what a softail is...
                      Last edited by crush1776; 06-11-2015, 5:14 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by crush1776
                        Ok then, I'm calling you out on not knowing what a softail is...
                        yeah he lost me there too...

Comment

• Sky
                          • Aug 2009

A "Softail" is a registered trademark. A soft tail is a fat chick.
                          Who was it that designed the Softail? I remember it was an independent guy advertising in the back of Easyrider. Then harley bought it from him, right?

Farmall, I agree the manual advance was handy.
                          Once rode a bike with the "auto" clutch pressure plate and a twist clutch. Plus it was one of those smooth chrome dildo grips. Thought it was in neutral, started the bike cold. Had to rev it a bit to keep it alive. Whooops! over the false curb I went. killing the gat street-sweeper fender. Had to pay out of pocket to get it painted. Now that was a fucked up clutch setup.

Comment

• Pendulum
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Sky
                            A "Softail" is a registered trademark. A soft tail is a fat chick.
                            Who was it that designed the Softail? I remember it was an independent guy advertising in the back of Easyrider. Then harley bought it from him, right?

Farmall, I agree the manual advance was handy.
                            Once rode a bike with the "auto" clutch pressure plate and a twist clutch. Plus it was one of those smooth chrome dildo grips. Thought it was in neutral, started the bike cold. Had to rev it a bit to keep it alive. Whooops! over the false curb I went. killing the gat street-sweeper fender. Had to pay out of pocket to get it painted. Now that was a fucked up clutch setup.
                            That'd be Bill Davis. I wonder how much he got outta the deal...

Comment

• Flatheadpower
                              • Apr 2024

[img][/img]

I think its nice with the foot clutch setup whether you need it or not , clean up the bars, no front brake and you're only left with the throttle, think it looks neat. I simply need it , but have been looking at those efm autoclutches any more input on those ?

Comment

• xnewmanx
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Flatheadpower
                                [img][/img]

I think its nice with the foot clutch setup whether you need it or not , clean up the bars, no front brake and you're only left with the throttle, think it looks neat. I simply need it , but have been looking at those efm autoclutches any more input on those ?
                                I had an autoclutch on my minibike as a kid...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;