Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryft
    • May 2015

2003 Honda Shadow shifting to neutral

Okay so I just got a Honda shadow 750 . It's my first bike so go easy on me guys . It rides great . But shifting from first to neutral , or from any gear to neutral , it slips and skips to the next gear . Sometimes I have to mess with it to get it into neutral . But not heavy . Lightly . Any thoughts on what the problem might be ? Also , when I shift through the gears , it clicks going into the next gear , but not like how it normally should . It almost like a rusty click . Any help would be greatly appreciated . This is my first forum . I hope I enjoy it as much as my friends do !
    Last edited by Ryft; 06-01-2015, 1:04 AM.
  • PeanutHead
    • Nov 2011

When you ride around in 2nd gear, does it sometimes drop into Neutral when you hit the throttle?

Comment

• Ryft
      • May 2015

No . I just have a hard time getting it into neutral .

Comment

• Andy99
        • May 2015

Don't know about the Honda shadow but a couple of bikes I've had have been hard to find neutral. You might find its much easier to select neutral while you're still rolling,just before you stop

Comment

• Ryft
          • May 2015

It is . But like I said , sometimes it skips into the next gear when I don't want it to . I could be shifting with my big toe ever so lightly and it will still skip . All the gears ride fine . It's just getting it into neutral

Comment

• Ryft
            • May 2015

Also , when I finally get it into neutral , there's a grinding sound . Any thoughts about this ? Maybe this pertains to why it's so hard for me to get it into neutral in the first place ?

Comment

• deathmetaldan
              • Jan 2011

just leave it in first when you park it, then it wont roll away. If you need to roll it just hold in the clutch.

Comment

• PeanutHead
                • Nov 2011

Are the bolts that hold the clutch plates torqued properly? Are the springs in good condition?

Comment

• dylanjoseph29
                  • Mar 2014

Make sure when u pull the clutch in, that it fully disengages.

Comment

• Ryft
                    • May 2015

Everything seems fine . When I shift to neutral , the indicator light sometimes comes on and sometimes doesn't . Also , when I downshift from 2nd to first it kind of clicks a little rough . When I brake , there's a chain whining sound and after I decelerate past 30mph it stops . And when I press the brake there's a small whining sound but not the chain whining sound

Comment

• UhOh
                      • Jun 2015

Ill bet the clutch isnt fully disengaging. Try adjusting the cable.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;