CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Gas tank advice...newbie

Hiya guys,
    Newbie, so forgive the dumb questions, just bought a half done bobber, but I don't like the tank, it's too small I think, I was just looking for some suggestions for something bigger, maybe something that will cover the coils and save me the ballsache of re locating them, here's a picture so you get the idea......be gentle with me ...lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	60659

Get Adobe Flash player

The tank is my favorite part. Clip ons would be first thing I'd change

to cover your coils you need sumpin with a deeper tunnel. myself id go with a axed set of fatbobs. not many guys do that anymore becuase of the welding and stuff but they are very unusual.

myself id not worry bout covering the coils as i like my shit out in the open easy to work on.. nice bike by the way.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cheers guys, points taken, Hmm I think I'll just keep looking for inspiration, I'm really new to this so I'm not sure what I'm doing, I know that after messing with Jap and Italian rockets for 30 years these things are so simple it's brilliant, I love the basics style, got a little bit to learn I think ...lol

Chris

Get Adobe Flash player

How does it handle with the clip ons down there like that?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bluesrock View Post
    How does it handle with the clip ons down there like that?
    Hi Blues rock, honest answer is I don't really know as I have only had the bike 5 days, I have raised them from the position in the picture as far as the brake line will allow which was about 3-4 inches, and ridden up and down the road a few times and it felt fine, I haven't had it out on the main roads on a proper run,, but like I said it feels like they will work. There are some carburation issues , so I have stripped that carbs and waiting for bits , so until I can get the carbs rebuilt and back on I guess I won't be able to make a decent decision, I think that I am coming round to some ape hangers to be honest looking at pictures, but I'm going to get the bike running well, then concentrate on aesthetics etc later

Get Adobe Flash player

re tunnel the tank... you could widen it while you are at it if you feel its too small.

Share This