Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carboncopy136
    • Aug 2014

4 valve heads? any good?

Have a opportunity to buy a fxr with a Delkron bottom end and Fueling 4 valve heads and intake. has clean title. worth buying and maybe flip it? Just want to hear some options from yeall.
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

Interesting read....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

"Worth buying' depends on price and condition and what the rest of the actual specs are. Sounds like a capable engine.

The nice thing about buying in SC is FXRs tend to go cheaper than elsewhere. It's a more interesting engine than the usual S&S which turn up in this area and you might score a win by Ebaying the bike. Lots of FXR fans out there.

You can lurk Craigslist to see what people want for clean, built FXRs (also search FXLR and similar FXR variants) and to get an idea of how fast they sell.

I use this bookmark then hit each region: https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/sc

If you snag it throw up some pics. If you decide not to snag it PM me because I'm kindasorta looking for an engine upgrade for my '88 FXR and if the cost is close then buying a runner may make sense.

You might consider keeping it because it's a MUCH more capable motorcycle than the others in your sig, no offense intended and I speak from direct experience. I bought my '88 new and it's been outstanding and I just snagged a 94 FXLR (couldn't resist at $3500) because they are addictive.

Comment

• carboncopy136
        • Aug 2014

I really like my old bikes lol but if I remember right it's got a 4 3/4 stroke and 4 1/4 bore. Kinda crazy for a daily rider. The frame is modified with a daul tubing swing arm. the front end is set up for drag racing with dual disc and a "auto ajusting damper system". The harder u hit the brakes the hard the front becomes. The heads are fueling but they sold the rights to a company who also sold the rights to rpm. I'm not sure if parts from one will work on the other. They look pretty different. But if u really want the motor send me a pm with a price in mind and I'll see what's up and send some pics.

Comment

• Davestune
          • May 2014

i bet your bike runs like a raped ape

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

...... 135 cubic inch ......

Yeah, that outta scoot pretty dog-gone good....!!!!
            Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• carboncopy136
              • Aug 2014

I have not got it yet just wanting to know if it's worth anything

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;