Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadMonkeyMW
    • Jul 2010

You're coming right along man! All that wiring is tedious, but when it's done right it makes everything better. Good to see you're taking your time and getting everything properly sorted out.

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by billybiltit
      really cool build!
      keep us posted,

leon
      Thanks mate, will do!

Will hopefully get a bunch more time this upcoming week to get some more stuff done.

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
        You're coming right along man! All that wiring is tedious, but when it's done right it makes everything better. Good to see you're taking your time and getting everything properly sorted out.
        Thanks mate, I fully agree. Seeing how the technicians work day to day in the dealership, it pushes me to be better at my own personal stuff. Even though I am not a technician myself, I dont want those guys to think badly of my work. hahah.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SPUdMurphy
          Thanks mate, I fully agree. Seeing how the technicians work day to day in the dealership, it pushes me to be better at my own personal stuff. Even though I am not a technician myself, I dont want those guys to think badly of my work. hahah.
          As a former professional H-D tech, I can tell they won't just think badly of your work, they'll bust your balls over it too. Hahaha. You've got the right attitude man. Doing it right is always better than doing it fast.

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
            As a former professional H-D tech, I can tell they won't just think badly of your work, they'll bust your balls over it too. Hahaha. You've got the right attitude man. Doing it right is always better than doing it fast.
            haha, indeed they do mate. I run the parts department, so they go a little easier on me cause im not in their department.

That said, they gave me a hard time on my XS650 build, so I learned quite a bit from that build that I am putting into this build.

Anyway, I look forward to putting power to it this week and see what happens. lol

Ryan

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
              • Jun 2013

Hey all,

Ive been pretty busy the last few months. I left the HD dealership to move over to Vancouver Island from the mainland, had a baby, so updates have been slow to none. lol

Im working at a local Custom Bike shop here on the Island, and this will afford me the opportunity to do way cooler things than I was able to at the HD Dealership.

Ive ditched the 'pro street' look I was originally going with, and found some cool parts in the parts storeroom here at the new chop shop.

We just got given a bunch of sweet old Triumph stuff, and in it was a rad old Wassel tank. Im going to use it on my build. Here are a few pics of the updated parts im going to use

I hope to have some better updates in the near future.

Ryan

Comment

• cased73
                • Jan 2011

Nice harness how'd it compare to other "complete kits" in quality and value?

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
                  • Jun 2013

It is really good man, quality is amazing, completely colour coded to factory spec, and extremely well put together. All the labels were easy to read and instructions are easy to understand as well.

I liked this one over the Ultima one for the simple fact that the breakers and fuses are replaceable. The Ultima one has a "hot box" with all the wiring hard wired into it, with internal breakers that are not able to be replaced.

All these things made me choose the NAMZ harness over the others on the market, including the Ultima.

Ryan

Comment

• Apr 2015

That seat/tank combo rool

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
                      • Jun 2013

thanks man, i think so too. Cant wait to get it all finished up

Comment

• panheadpete
                        • Oct 2011

HUGE improvment ! Congrats on the baby and new job

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
                          • Jun 2013

SMALL UPDATE: Finally put some fuel at it, and it runs. Nothing quite like hearing a bike run for the first time in over 10 years.

Tomorrow (or later this week), im going to stay after hours at the shop, and weld up the final fab bits needed before I can think about painting the tins and putting it all back together for the last time. Still debating final paint scheme, but I bought an airbrush kit finally so I don't have to use spray bombs for the detail work again.

Comment

• Angelking
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SPUdMurphy
                            SMALL UPDATE: Finally put some fuel at it, and it runs. Nothing quite like hearing a bike run for the first time in over 10 years.

Tomorrow (or later this week), im going to stay after hours at the shop, and weld up the final fab bits needed before I can think about painting the tins and putting it all back together for the last time. Still debating final paint scheme, but I bought an airbrush kit finally so I don't have to use spray bombs for the detail work again.
                            Looks awesome, nothing like building your own project compared to just handing over a credit card.

AK

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
                              • Jun 2013

Thanks AK.

Hopefully I can get this thing finished sometime this decade. haha

Comment

• SPUdMurphy
                                • Jun 2013

Another very small update:

Tacked on the seat tab bracket

I bought two of these tail light setups. If I don't sell this one, I will use it on my build.

Bent up a sissy bar. First one i've every tried, and I think it came out pretty sweet.

Im pretty sure I have all the bits I need now to get everything done.......just gotta pull my finger out.

Ryan
                                Last edited by SPUdMurphy; 03-05-2017, 9:01 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;