Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mantree
    • May 2015

new to me cb750

last year my uncle passed away but left me his cb750. Now I am about a foot taller than he was so I will be needing forward controls and will be adding a sissy bar. I have gone to a led all in one tail light. I still need to build a sissy bar and work out the linkage for forwards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mantree; 05-10-2015, 2:15 PM.
  • teamcurtis
    • Jan 2015

year?
    aftermarket swingarm or is that a later model 750?

Comment

• mantree
      • May 2015

it is a 74 with a wide and long swing arm and progressive shocks. the backbone has been chopped with the original fender loop cut off. i am using a set of Harley forward controls that have a cable brake. i have my cable stops planed but cant find a cable to use. the wiring is kinda fubar but i work for a company that builds firetrucks so i can just bill out everything to fix the electrical at 5% above cost. puts rewiring the bike right around 75 with all said and done with wire,split loom, relays and new fuse block
      Last edited by mantree; 05-10-2015, 3:04 PM.

Comment

• mantree
        • May 2015

So progress has been slow with work, school and vacation but today I made some progress on my wireing got my new loom run and just need a few pieces and then it is off to the welder to have the frame damage fixed and I will be cleaning the gas tank

Comment

• mantree
          • May 2015

So after scratching my head over issues with wireing I found that the ignition switch was bad and ended up replacing it with a universal switch for a hotrod and now she is running but now I need to finish my sissybar and forward controls. I have a buddy that has the factory grab bar off a cb650c that I will be using to make a sissybar

Comment

• Rahim
            • Mar 2011

Keep at it man. Hows it runnin?

Comment

• mantree
              • May 2015

Haven't updated in a while got it sorted realy well and was riding it alot but I had 3rd gear lock and up and it has been ripped down. While it was appart I rebuilt the oil pump and replaced the field coil with a cb750a coil and will be shaping to either twin carbs or a efi setup engine is going back in and I will be building a harley wheel with disk brake to replace my factory drum.

Comment

• LisaBallard
                • Jul 2009

Welcome back. I love those CB750s!

Comment

• mantree
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by LisaBallard
                  Welcome back. I love those CB750s!
                  Thanks great to be back. Life got in the way for a while but will hopefully have the bike back out a couple of times over the winter and have it out all summer. Winter riding is why Ia thinking of going efi because the bike is a cold blooded bitch and refuses to run below about 50. Lucky we will have weeks ot good weather during the winter here in CO.

This is how it was sitting before the trans blew.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mantree; 10-23-2021, 8:31 PM.

Comment

• docmel
                    • May 2015

I had a 76 in 1978. What a blast to drive, pretty much bullet proof. Had a king queen chopper kinda seat and four open drag pipes. Otherwise stock. How loud and annoying that bike musta been to some folks ..........................

Comment

• mantree
                      • May 2015

They are bullet proof untell you put drag pipes and race cams in and blow the transmition. I have a stock trans in right now but I will be rebuilding the one I pulled out with some heavy duty gears.

Comment

• mantree
                        • May 2015

So finally got the bike ready for its first start. After a few stabs on the kick starter with the kill switch off and the oil light whent out, flipped the kill switch and it started on 4th kick. Need to figure out why my throttle is sticking open and put the rear lights back together.

Comment

• Allen9X
                          • Sep 2021

Originally posted by mantree
                          So finally got the bike ready for its first start. After a few stabs on the kick starter with the kill switch off and the oil light whent out, flipped the kill switch and it started on 4th kick. Need to figure out why my throttle is sticking open and put the rear lights back together.
                          Way to go, man!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...