X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanBreezy
    • Jul 2014

Tall guy on an FXR?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see if some of you taller FXR guys were comfy on your rides with mid controls. I've got an EFI sporty right now, and as much as I love it, I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam and I constantly feel balled up on it. I've read through a lot of the FXR threads on here and heard many people testify about their handling and control vs all other HD bikes. It seems like the natural evolution for someone who wants to retain the maneuverability of sportster while stepping up to a larger bike. I just want to make sure that it will in fact be a more comfortable ride and not just a larger bike that still has me all scrunched up. Thanks!
  • BnC
    • Oct 2011

If your interested in buying an fxr - sit on one....
    if you buy the bike and dont like the foot controls or bars change em

Comment

• KeysRyder
      • Oct 2014

Read the title "tall guy on an FXR" then read the post 6'1", tall? Get on a big twin and you will be much more comfy than on a sporty! Hell what do you think guys 6-4 and up ride?? Of course your going to be more comfortable than on a sporty!

Comment

• VanBreezy
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by KeysRyder
        Read the title "tall guy on an FXR" then read the post 6'1", tall? Get on a big twin and you will be much more comfy than on a sporty! Hell what do you think guys 6-4 and up ride?? Of course your going to be more comfortable than on a sporty!
        lol true, the hard part is finding an FXR to sit on and see how it feels.

Comment

• Spade115
          • May 2010

Where are you at? If your on Facebook join an FXR Group and im sure there is someone on there local who can give you some advice and possibly let you try out their bike. (Maybe lol)

Comment

• Braaap
            • May 2013

you can check your stance on mine if you like... i'm in pdx...

no braap braaap tho

Comment

• VanBreezy
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Braaap
              you can check your stance on mine if you like... i'm in pdx...

no braap braaap tho
              Dude that would be rad, I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

• monkeyoflove
                • Jul 2010

Im 6' with a 32" inseam. My FXR has mids. its nice to have highway pegs for long trips but I dont feel scrunched up when riding

Comment

• VanBreezy
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by monkeyoflove
                  Im 6' with a 32" inseam. My FXR has mids. its nice to have highway pegs for long trips but I dont feel scrunched up when riding
                  Thanks for the input dude, Braaap hooked it up yesterday and let me get a feel for the stance on his ride. Thanks again Braaap!

Comment

• Braaap
                    • May 2013

damn you still look scrunched up hahaha - that pic shows how much lower that seat is getting cut down from stock... you'd be a little higher up normally. switched out those bars today too.. they look dope but they're too far forward. bought some ProTapers and waiting on 9" risers now.. running 6.5" riser and a mellow sort of cruising bar and its already way better. pulled back instead of pitched forward.

Comment

• nk14zp
                      • Sep 2014

6'1"? I was that short once. Way back when I was 14.

Comment

• 1956ford
                        • May 2015

Above is a link to my 87 fxlr. I use the highway pegs a lot and put my feet on the rear pegs too. Before you get rid of your sporty, you might try different pegs,seats, bars. Ride safe. Carl

Comment

• Spade115
                          • May 2010

im going to be putting mids on my FXR, but mostly just to get up off the seat when I am jumping from the expressway to avoid traffic lol. (Wife knows this and is already mad bout it lol)

Comment

• bigkicks67
                            • Jun 2015

I'm 6'3. I'm in the same boat man. I ride an 85' FXRS the mid's were comfortable enough, the only thing is they force you to posture up straight. I through forwards on mine, so I'm able to stretch out more. I really cant say which is more comfortable because they both kinda suck after a long ride. But at 6'1 you will defiantly feel better on a FXR their frames are just bigger, much better suited for tall dudes!

Comment

• ridgerunner1965
                              • Mar 2015

im only 6', rode a sporty for years, was always uncomfortable. frame wasnt deep enuf.all the big twins ive had were much more comfortable

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;