Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nateridesbikes
    • Sep 2011

Question about motor mounts.

Building an evo sporty chop and Im thinking about not running a top motor mount. Ive seen it done but never seen/read anything beyond pure speculation on why its a bad idea. Below is what Im thinking. Red are the stock locations where it will be mounted. Green is the one Im on the fence about. Also, if it makes any difference, the front and rear cylinder will be tied together by the coil bracket. If this is a shit idea let me know. But, let talk reasons why, and not just saying its shit just because.

Last edited by nateridesbikes; 04-27-2015, 1:19 AM.
  • mreed
    • Dec 2010

I've built many for myself that way. The top front motor mount is important to have but you've indicated that area in red. I rarely skip that mount for "customers" because I usually don't know em but if I do, Like this one I did for Benny, I just skip it. I'm guilty of riding like an asshole sometimes & Benny gets pretty rowdy as well...no issues at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150401_2234521_zpsahvpcmch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1282000

Comment

• KeysRyder
      • Oct 2014

I am doing same as you, going to run top front and bottoms only. I am going to tie the 2 cylinders together were the top mount normally mounts too

Comment

• homewrecker
        • Feb 2012

top mount takes some flex out of the frame, somewhat using the engine as a load bearing structure. honestly i have rode my 9 foot chopper with and without a top mount and couldn't really tell a difference.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;