X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freewheeler
    • Dec 2012

Homebrew Ironhead

Hi there,

I've been fiddling around with a couple of things on the IH whilst I wait for the registration to get sorted out.

I popped the tank up by an inch, before:

After:

What do you reckon? Its a subtle change but I think really shows the shape of the tank and engine off more.

Nick
  • Nuttymad
    • Nov 2014

Great looking bike man. Lifting the tank that inch really opened things up. Really love that back fender and sissy bar /light set up. Nice work. Ever thought about putting some cut down, pull down window bars on it? This bike has that vibe. Hella cool.

Comment

• Freewheeler
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Nuttymad
      Great looking bike man. Lifting the tank that inch really opened things up. Really love that back fender and sissy bar /light set up. Nice work. Ever thought about putting some cut down, pull down window bars on it? This bike has that vibe. Hella cool.
      You mean like some rabbit ears? I have been thinking along those same lines...some Z bars would also look good.

Comment

• homewrecker
        • Feb 2012

do you know what rear fender that is? it fits that tire perfectly. I agree it would look great with some rabbit ears or something along those lines.

Comment

• IronheadVic
          • Sep 2012

Very cool, I like this Ironhead alot.

It is your bike of course, but if it were me I would do the following:

put the tank back to the original height,
          change out the headlight, take some dental floss to the reflectors on the forks,
          and the pullback rabbit ears is a great idea.

All that said, I like it a lot. Nice bike, man. I notice the turn signal and they actually look pretty decent on there, not sure if you are keeping those after registration or not, but they are nicely small and compact to the frame.

Doh, I see you got to the reflectors inbetween pictures, ha ha. Nice.
          Last edited by IronheadVic; 04-26-2015, 2:37 PM.

Comment

• Nuttymad
            • Nov 2014

I see something like these looking pretty badass on that scoot.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Freewheeler
              • Dec 2012

Thanks for all the comments fellas, its really encouraging.

Originally posted by Nuttymad
              I see something like these looking pretty badass on that scoot.
              I do like these a lot - only one problem they do make the bike harder to turn - probably not much of an issue in the US as you have nice straight, long roads. Here in the UK however...

Having said that the bars definitely need narrowing up, im working on it

@Vic, thanks for the comments on the indicators, I worked hard to make them look halfway decent and agree about the headlight - not quite right for this build. I am thinking an oblong one (or pair of them) would look really good however is hard to source in the UK. I do have a spotlight that I picked up at an autojumble a couple of weeks ago but I need to figure out how to get the dual filament bulb in there.

After registration I can also hopefully lose the switchgear on the right-hand side, just run it with the lights on all the time and use a moto-x type engine kill switch to sharpen it up a bit.

Thanks again, love this site.

Nick

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;