CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default tube/handlebar bending

Looking for the degree of bend needed to make a 2" pull back in a 1" piece of tubing, also how much tubing length wise is used/needed for the bend?

Get Adobe Flash player

The length of tubing would depend on the width of the bars. The degree of bend would depend on the width of the bars, as well as, the width of the clamp area before the bends. There isn't enough info for anyone to answer your question.

Also, are you looking for the degree to simply draw it or do you have a bender and looking to bend the material yourself? If the latter, material being used (mild steel, SS, alum) and the wall thickness will affect the amount of bend required. The actual bend degrees will be greater due to spring back. Typically 2-5 degrees depending on the factors I noted.

Wolfie

Harbor Freight has a few really affordable benders.....issue.....when you bend, the inside of the bend sometimes inverts....to solve that, fill the tubing with wet sand....it helps.....
    Even when using a bender, I usually heat the bend point some.....Ive repaired many bent bars....with just my vise and heat....but for a new set.....do it right man.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Draw in full size, what you want on a big piece of cardboard. If you want a simple drag bar, its only 2 simple bends. Different benders have different bend radiuses also, larger radius is less likely invert. If you have access to scrap tube, mess with it to figure stuff out. I don't make many handlebars, but I have done TONS of hydraulic tube bending.

Share This