CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Wideglide wheel problems. Help please

Ok. So I believe I have a wide glide mag wheel. And I also have a 39mm narrow glide front end. So I know they don't work together. But in another post. http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30978
    Wizardsbane said he took his wheel to a machine shop and fix the problem. But he did not go into detail. It looks like only the rotor mounting surface would need to be machined. Does any body have any info on a project like this. I sent wizardbane a pm.Just figured I'd throw the ? Out here too.

Get Adobe Flash player

pm'ed back.

Get Adobe Flash player

I just bought a spoked front wheel off a wide glide and im trying to figure out if its going to fit on my 10' sportster. care to share what Wizardsbane told ya in the pm? thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

My pm to Paris:

Yeah I had to take mine to a machine shop. I wanted to run an 80 spoke front and rear wheel. The only 80 spoke wheels I could find were wide glide wheels. So I bought the front wheel and had the machine shop machine off the rotor plate. I was not running a front brake so it worked out well. They cut the spacer in the hub to fit and shaved down both sides of the hub to the spec I gave them. It was pricey and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't want to run an 80 spoke. You can find plenty of spool narrow glide wheels for way less than buying a wide glide and then machining it.

Share This