Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brooklynbomber
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JetBlackII
    Oh jeese the pony round up lol, my mom's from the Eastern shore and loves that shit... especially for some fresh crab cakes, my cousin on Tangier Island said they were already pulling crabs out of the bay and lots of them. 200 miles a day is considered pretty leisure, for a road trip coast to coast and at 2 weeks it puts you in at 2800 miles. From here in Wilmington, N.C. on I-40 (bleh, I don't like interstate riding) to Barstow, CA it's 2,554 miles.

Hell, PM me if you wanna hang in the Wilmington, N.C. area, and I'll give you my number. Hell, you might pick up a riding buddy for the trip... if I'm not already on the road by then myself. Anyone know if you need a passport for the Baja crossing in Mexico... since all the border nazi shit has been going down the last decade or two? I crossed on my own recognizance 20ish years ago without any issues, just needed to declare wtf I was going to be doing and for how long, and got a stamped piece of paper to present upon re-entry.
    Cool man, sounds good! You DO need a passport to re-enter USA!

Comment

• brooklynbomber
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Saltytonk
      Man! Have a good time , be safe. If you decide to change your path north from Austin and visit north Texas. Give me a shout. I have a place for you to crash and a beer.
      I wish you were in between Austin and El Paso! I really was hoping I might get the chance to swing by and say hi to you, but you are too far north :-/ I'll have to come to Giddy Up next year and hang out with you brother.
      Last edited by brooklynbomber; 04-05-2015, 8:35 AM.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bobski
        What a trip man, then finishing it off with a trip down through Mexico. Living the dream brother. Hopefully I can raise enough capital to travel over from NZ and get to the next EDR.
        Travel safe man.
        These are times that are just worth it in your life. Do it!

Comment

• brooklynbomber
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by nuklhd
          the pony crossing is cool from the island. the area in the shanendoa is very pretty riding. arches and the surronding areas are breath taking. give yourself time to enjoy the sites and be safe. it looks like you have it mapped out real well. hit moab going thru utah if you get the chance. i was hoping to see john waynes ghost in his cavalry uniform near there but he never showed
          I am looking most forward to Arches and the other areas in Utah, I've never been down there at all and it looks like another planet! I will be going through Moab, Zion, Bryce Canyon and others near by. Cheers man.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gonzoguilt
            Let me know when you'll be in Fresno because the gf and I may be bumming it in Endor (Sequoia National Park) mid-May. We can kick it with some Ewoks and I can show you some bitching swimming holes and rocks to jump off of. If not the we'll share some beers on EDR.

We're leaving The Land of the Long White Cloud before our visas expire to do EDR.
            I'll most likely just be in Fresno for the night to stay with my folks there and then head to LA to prep for the EDR with my buddies. But I'll be back there after its over to hang out more with family once I'm done and would definitely like to find some rad swimming holes! Hope to see you in Mexico! You'll see me on my gray/white FXR probably looking pretty disheveled after being on the road for a month. Looking forward to those Palapas, lots of Tecate and some true south of the border debauchery.

Comment

• daroberts3
              • Dec 2012

Epic. Trips like this, memories will last a lifetime.
              What sort of prep will you do to the old bike? I highly recommend disassembling the primary and inspecting clutch, stator, alternator, chain, front pulley, etc.
              Safe travels!

Comment

• JetBlackII
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Cisco726
                Yeah, nowadays you need a passport or this card type passport that's cheaper than a passport since you're not flying. I've heard of people going without it, but why risk it. Might end up staying longer than you want.
                Yay! Line in the dirt fun. I need a passport anyway seems a bit counter intuitive for Mexico, since passports are worth a good chunk of change in the black market underworld. I've heard of some ex-pats trading all their documentation and identity for some large ass spawls and major bank, basically enough to flat out retire in some Asian countries... whether that's the actual case I dunno... many times the internet is just "bend ova dere buddy, as I gots a whole lotta smoke fo yo azz-'ol"

Comment

• JetBlackII
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
                  Cool man, sounds good! You DO need a passport to re-enter USA!
                  Right on, I was hoping to sneak up on the Alien run towards the end of this month... but the engine swap business hasn't been wanting to be plug and play friendly; been acting up so I'm on the narrowing of it to source the exact issue. Basically, if it doesn't want to act right in time enough to hit the road for the Alien... we can definitely hang, if the passport business isn't a go by then, at least my bike will be.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
                    I wish you were in between Austin and El Paso! I really was hoping I might get the chance to swing by and say hi to you, but you are too far north :-/ I'll have to come to Giddy Up next year and hang out with you brother.
                    Cool! Giddy Up is a helluva time!

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daroberts3
                      Epic. Trips like this, memories will last a lifetime.
                      What sort of prep will you do to the old bike? I highly recommend disassembling the primary and inspecting clutch, stator, alternator, chain, front pulley, etc.
                      Safe travels!
                      I know however it pans out will be epic and its fun going to be fun to let it unfold. Within the last 6 months I've replaced the tires, new battery, simplified and new fresh wiring, new 39mm front end, dyna 2ki single fire ignition, CV Carb, Andrews cam, Crane lifters, cam bearing. Belt was in near new shape too. The last bit I am going to do is put on the front windshield. I'll have connectors for a phone charger and heated gear too but going to be camping mostly, staying with friends and maybe a motel.

I haven't gone through the primary, but was going to inspect the chain tension and condition on the tensioner itself, mainly because I have good clutch function and charge at the battery and feel like if its not broken yet, dont mess with it, this bike seemed to have been well cared for and is at about 23-24k miles. That being said though, any particular things or potential problems I should see or be looking for?

Thanks man!
                      Last edited by brooklynbomber; 04-05-2015, 6:43 PM.

Comment

• daroberts3
                        • Dec 2012

In my experience, there always seems to be troubles in the primary area, especially on continuous long rides. Using your FSM do a complete charging system check, new primary oil, clutch adjust, chain adjust, at a minimum. In my mind it would be good piece of mind to inspect the compensator assembly and starter jackshaft as well. Front pulleys like to come loose when you're not looking. Just all Really common stuff I see in my shop.
                        On the ther hand, the last thing you diddle and finger is the first thing to break or give you a breakdown.
                        Remember that breakdowns are part of the adventure. Thinking on your feet, making new friends with the stranger that hauls your bike in the back of his truck. To me it's all part of motorcycle travels.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daroberts3
                          In my experience, there always seems to be troubles in the primary area, especially on continuous long rides. Using your FSM do a complete charging system check, new primary oil, clutch adjust, chain adjust, at a minimum. In my mind it would be good piece of mind to inspect the compensator assembly and starter jackshaft as well. Front pulleys like to come loose when you're not looking. Just all Really common stuff I see in my shop.
                          On the ther hand, the last thing you diddle and finger is the first thing to break or give you a breakdown.
                          Remember that breakdowns are part of the adventure. Thinking on your feet, making new friends with the stranger that hauls your bike in the back of his truck. To me it's all part of motorcycle travels.
                          Cool man, thanks for the tips. Im gonna pop open the inspection cover and see what that looks like, and make a determintion on how much I want to get in there if everything is working good and has been thus far but it could not look good or worn and may really look into it more. I have less than a month now and going to be putting some miles on beforehand to test my gear, the bike and myself and at this point trying to wrap up loose ends, May 1 will be here before I know it.

Comment

• spent
                            • Feb 2013

I'm in Fresno, so if you need to work on the bike, my shop is open to you, assuming im home (i work on the coast), or im down to meet up on my bike and grab a beer with ya.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                              • Apr 2010

Vaya con dios, el dios de dos yantas.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by spent
                                I'm in Fresno, so if you need to work on the bike, my shop is open to you, assuming im home (i work on the coast), or im down to meet up on my bike and grab a beer with ya.
                                Awesome man, thanks. I'll hit you up when I get back into Fresno after Mexico. Checked out your site too, very cool work!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;