Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kram
    • Oct 2012

High pegs on newer sporty

Long time reader, first time poster. I understand that Easyriders has a high peg kit, but at 400+ dollars it feels a little steep for me. I was looking to see if anyone has attempted to make high pegs? Would it be safe cut the mounts and make my own?

Thank.
  • FatChibs
    • Feb 2014

Okay I'm drunk but i bought 10 dollar highway pegs off ebay meant for engine crash bars and slapped em on my frame. I could post pics if you're interested, they work really well I can stretch my legs high on my frame and I have pullback rabbit ear bars. very comfy...

400 bucks to me means halfway to getting a hardtail frame or king and queen seat. that price is meant for fools and their money

Comment

• Kram
      • Oct 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, but I looking for something for a mid controls.

Comment

• JuiceJames
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Kram
        Long time reader, first time poster. I understand that Easyriders has a high peg kit, but at 400+ dollars it feels a little steep for me. I was looking to see if anyone has attempted to make high pegs? Would it be safe cut the mounts and make my own?

Thank.
        What year is the bike? If you are going to attempt making your own I would trying making an entirely new mount rather than cutting the existing ones. I stand on my pegs fairly often though to avoid the bike going up my ass over bumps. Pictures of what you are trying to achieve might help.

Comment

• boomboomthump
          • Oct 2013

He's talking about the high mid controls for a Sportster from Easy Riders Japan.

$400 may seem steep for a couple brackets (without pegs) but you're also dealing with exchange rates and generally anything from Japan is going to run you a premium. I wouldn't modify the stock mounts personally. It would be easier to make your own from scratch if you're capable and probably look better than the ones Easy Riders sells (which look a little bland honestly). If you're not capable of making them yourself, a custom set wouldn't be any cheaper.

Comment

• XLRyan
            • Jul 2015

Have you seen these high mids? http://www.maindrivecycle.com/products/

Comment

• j0llysnowman
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by XLRyan
              Have you seen these high mids? http://www.maindrivecycle.com/products/
              Those are even more expensive...

Comment

• Salty
                • Sep 2010

You could make a set for much cheaper with basic tools using these as a guideline. coors light box templates to start obviously. hell, those are free.

Comment

• jmreynolds424
                  • Jun 2021

I want to make something like these. What size is that shift linkage?

Comment

• JBinNC
                    • Dec 2018

Shift levers are threaded 5/16 for the shift peg, so the simple solution is to use 5/16 rod ends and linkage rod. Looks like that is what was done in the pic.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;