CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Allen

Default *** Classifieds Update 5-8-2015 ***

This thread belongs in the Site Rules & User Forum, but for the time being, and for the sharing of knowledge, I'll just put it up in the Main Forum for a few days so everyone has the chance to read the answer before asking the question...

Over the past few weeks, up until just now actually, I've gone through and deleted approx. 90% of all actively listed classifieds ads (I'm guessing at the percent, but it was a hella fucking lot). These ads were approx. at least one year old and dated all the way back to 2009...

So, if for some wild reason, you find that your OLD classified listing(s) has/have been removed, yes, we did that. In an effort to eliminate classifieds for items no longer available, etc., we cut anything over approx. 1 year old. Currently there are 8000* listed classifieds. So if you still have that '49 gold plated panhead motor asking price $900., that you posted in January of 2010, you can go ahead and relist your item. Otherwise we've cleaned house so to speak.

* I dont even think we need that many in reserve, this isn't a museum of old parts already sold. But for the sake of preventing someone from going into internet-adjustment-shock, I'll leave it at that for now.

You can help us more, but adding the word SOLD to the TITLE of your curretly "sold" items. Some of you already do this and it is a great help in keeping the classifieds clean and current.

How much does it suck really to search for an item, find one, and come to discover it's no longer available? Compound that by over 6 years of classifieds and you'll understand why we did what we did.

Once again, let me just add the following reminders on posting classifieds;

Please don't use ChopCult Classifieds to direct members to listings on other sites (Webpages, Bigcartel stores, eBay, CL, IG, etc)
    Ads with nudity will be removed • Please add the item name, your location and price to the title, upload a photo and give a brief or detailed description about the item for sale.
    Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed
    Do NOT send money through PayPal as a GIFT for payment on any classified. • We highly recommend that you use a escrow service (such as www.escrow.com) for large amounts to prevent fraudulent deals; it gives the Buyer the chance to get his/her money back before funds are released to the seller.

If you have any questions regarding the currently "Calssifieds Culling" go ahead and leave it for me here, but..... Any other questions you might have, please refer to the Site Rules Forum, because someone probably asked and answered it before... but thanks for your interest anyway.
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 01-31-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Allen, thanks for your attention, and professionalism with a soft mallet.
    I mean that also, once it leaves the first page, delete it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice work man. I'd say give it three months then ax it. If they haven't reposted by then, it's either gone or they don't really care to sell it.

Cisco726

Seriously, thanks! I fucking hate it when I'm looking for something and I find it only to realize it's from almost a year ago or longer.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhahoodVato View Post
    I mean that also, once it leaves the first page, delete it.
    That would be a great idea if people would have post over 3 deleted in a day. There was a guy the other day post 7 different things in one day. It would be a fight to keep things on the front page..... LOL

Get Adobe Flash player

"Ads with nudity will be removed"

Please, please, please, can we keep the nudity.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 7and7is View Post
    "Ads with nudity will be removed"

Please, please, please, can we keep the nudity.
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks man I was looking for FXR Mids to see what to try and get some for and kept finding old post's that had great prices and sold

Get Adobe Flash player

Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about the classifieds.... Here goes......So since so many people post way more than 3 items at a time in a day without anything being pulled..... I guess it's ok to do so???

Get Adobe Flash player

Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed....Adds, not items..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about the classifieds.... Here goes......So since so many people post way more than 3 items at a time in a day without anything being pulled..... I guess it's ok to do so???

Get Adobe Flash player

Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed....Adds, not items..

LOL Hell I know what it says.. That's why I post that quote many times a week in peoples threads that post more than 3 items.........LOL like that stops people from posting more than 3 things.

So back to my original question.... So I guess it's ok to post more than 3 items a day since none are ever pulled...?????

Get Adobe Flash player

Do not post more than three ads in a single day,
    LOL You know I was thinking Buddha..... I'm sure you could post 50 things a day. I know I could but it's not fair to others..... But others don't play by the rules.... That's why my question......

Allen

If you see someone posting more than three classifieds in a day, send me a notification, call it "inappropriate content" or whatever else it offers, just note somewhere, "he posted 5, 7, or however many classifieds in a day", and I'll address it through admin notifications.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If you see someone posting more than three classifieds in a day, send me a notification, call it "inappropriate content" or whatever else it offers, just note somewhere, "he posted 5, 7, or however many classifieds in a day", and I'll address it through admin notifications.

Thank you... That answered my question......

Get Adobe Flash player

OK I have another question.... What about having a price in the thread??? Is that optional? Yea I know what the rules say......

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    OK I have another question.... What about having a price in the thread??? Is that optional? Yea I know what the rules say......
    There's a lot of rules, per say, but it's a pretty self-driving machine. If people make the decision to abuse it, I don't even bother warning them in most cases because it becomes a "discussion" (read: argument) over what amounts to nothing to me... the rules are the rules. m'kay? ...that being said, if you (or anyone) finds suddenly, they're unable to post classifieds... well, look first to "have you been following the rules?"

Maybe we just don't like you. Sorry.

"Please post your location and price in ALL ads"

But as for (in the question asked) can we ask people to follow rules. Yes. Can we force them...? Well, there's really no way to hold everyones hand. We're volunteers and we mod as we can. It would be GREAT if eveyone could follow the simple (very simple) classified rules. Agreed. It is, unfortunate some people don't post the price or city (location) in their title. Hopefully they post it inside the classified and we're half way happy with them.

Get Adobe Flash player

That answered my question... And yes it does kinda run itself fairly well.......Thank you....
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-30-2015 at 6:31 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

You know... I could just build some shit that auto-cleanses the classifieds for you guys...

Want posts older than a year gone? Cron job that runs every night, and if the date of an ad is greater than 1 year in the past, it gets axed.
    3 posts per day limit? Check how many posts a user has made to the classifieds since 12:00 AM. If greater than or equal to 3, show a page that tells 'em to pump their brakes.
    Have some required information you want every post to have? That'd take a little work, but it's do-able.

Allen

Well, the works done now! Where were you a month ago. Ha ha, thanks and kinda just kidding. We don't touch code here... or write it... or whatever the jargon' is proper.

Allen

So we're starting to see a few people, one or two a day, blatantly ignore the guidelines (rules) for posting classifieds.

I'm not about to start sending any type of warning PM's so don't expect it.

One of two things is going to happen. A.) I simply delete all your classifieds or B.) (repeat A) and then block you from posting any future classifieds.

Please take the (approx.) one minute necessary to read the rules on our classifieds and follow them.

Questions regarding "what happened to my classifieds?" are going to go unanswered. Consider THIS your only response.

Share This