X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allen
    • Apr 2024

*** Classifieds Update 5-8-2015 ***

This thread belongs in the Site Rules & User Forum, but for the time being, and for the sharing of knowledge, I'll just put it up in the Main Forum for a few days so everyone has the chance to read the answer before asking the question...

Over the past few weeks, up until just now actually, I've gone through and deleted approx. 90% of all actively listed classifieds ads (I'm guessing at the percent, but it was a hella fucking lot). These ads were approx. at least one year old and dated all the way back to 2009...

So, if for some wild reason, you find that your OLD classified listing(s) has/have been removed, yes, we did that. In an effort to eliminate classifieds for items no longer available, etc., we cut anything over approx. 1 year old. Currently there are 8000* listed classifieds. So if you still have that '49 gold plated panhead motor asking price $900., that you posted in January of 2010, you can go ahead and relist your item. Otherwise we've cleaned house so to speak.

* I dont even think we need that many in reserve, this isn't a museum of old parts already sold. But for the sake of preventing someone from going into internet-adjustment-shock, I'll leave it at that for now.

You can help us more, but adding the word SOLD to the TITLE of your curretly "sold" items. Some of you already do this and it is a great help in keeping the classifieds clean and current.

How much does it suck really to search for an item, find one, and come to discover it's no longer available? Compound that by over 6 years of classifieds and you'll understand why we did what we did.

Once again, let me just add the following reminders on posting classifieds;

Please don't use ChopCult Classifieds to direct members to listings on other sites (Webpages, Bigcartel stores, eBay, CL, IG, etc)
    Ads with nudity will be removed • Please add the item name, your location and price to the title, upload a photo and give a brief or detailed description about the item for sale.
    Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed
    Do NOT send money through PayPal as a GIFT for payment on any classified. • We highly recommend that you use a escrow service (such as www.escrow.com) for large amounts to prevent fraudulent deals; it gives the Buyer the chance to get his/her money back before funds are released to the seller.

If you have any questions regarding the currently "Calssifieds Culling" go ahead and leave it for me here, but..... Any other questions you might have, please refer to the Site Rules Forum, because someone probably asked and answered it before... but thanks for your interest anyway.
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 01-31-2017, 11:08 AM.
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

Allen, thanks for your attention, and professionalism with a soft mallet.
    I mean that also, once it leaves the first page, delete it.

Comment

• FredoSNR
      • Jun 2010

Nice work man. I'd say give it three months then ax it. If they haven't reposted by then, it's either gone or they don't really care to sell it.

Comment

• Cisco726
        • Apr 2024

Seriously, thanks! I fucking hate it when I'm looking for something and I find it only to realize it's from almost a year ago or longer.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BuddhahoodVato
          I mean that also, once it leaves the first page, delete it.
          That would be a great idea if people would have post over 3 deleted in a day. There was a guy the other day post 7 different things in one day. It would be a fight to keep things on the front page..... LOL

Comment

• 7and7is
            • Dec 2012

"Ads with nudity will be removed"

Please, please, please, can we keep the nudity.

Comment

• Huero
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 7and7is
              "Ads with nudity will be removed"

Please, please, please, can we keep the nudity.

Comment

• Spade115
                • May 2010

Thanks man I was looking for FXR Mids to see what to try and get some for and kept finding old post's that had great prices and sold

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about the classifieds.... Here goes......So since so many people post way more than 3 items at a time in a day without anything being pulled..... I guess it's ok to do so???

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                    • Apr 2010

Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed....Adds, not items..
                    Originally posted by Tattooo
                    Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about the classifieds.... Here goes......So since so many people post way more than 3 items at a time in a day without anything being pulled..... I guess it's ok to do so???

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Do not post more than three ads in a single day, combine your listings if needed....Adds, not items..

LOL Hell I know what it says.. That's why I post that quote many times a week in peoples threads that post more than 3 items.........LOL like that stops people from posting more than 3 things.

So back to my original question.... So I guess it's ok to post more than 3 items a day since none are ever pulled...?????

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Do not post more than three ads in a single day,
                        LOL You know I was thinking Buddha..... I'm sure you could post 50 things a day. I know I could but it's not fair to others..... But others don't play by the rules.... That's why my question......

Comment

• Allen
                          • Apr 2024

If you see someone posting more than three classifieds in a day, send me a notification, call it "inappropriate content" or whatever else it offers, just note somewhere, "he posted 5, 7, or however many classifieds in a day", and I'll address it through admin notifications.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Allen
                            If you see someone posting more than three classifieds in a day, send me a notification, call it "inappropriate content" or whatever else it offers, just note somewhere, "he posted 5, 7, or however many classifieds in a day", and I'll address it through admin notifications.

Thank you... That answered my question......

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

OK I have another question.... What about having a price in the thread??? Is that optional? Yea I know what the rules say......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;