X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allen
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tattooo
    OK I have another question.... What about having a price in the thread??? Is that optional? Yea I know what the rules say......
    There's a lot of rules, per say, but it's a pretty self-driving machine. If people make the decision to abuse it, I don't even bother warning them in most cases because it becomes a "discussion" (read: argument) over what amounts to nothing to me... the rules are the rules. m'kay? ...that being said, if you (or anyone) finds suddenly, they're unable to post classifieds... well, look first to "have you been following the rules?"

Maybe we just don't like you. Sorry.

"Please post your location and price in ALL ads"

But as for (in the question asked) can we ask people to follow rules. Yes. Can we force them...? Well, there's really no way to hold everyones hand. We're volunteers and we mod as we can. It would be GREAT if eveyone could follow the simple (very simple) classified rules. Agreed. It is, unfortunate some people don't post the price or city (location) in their title. Hopefully they post it inside the classified and we're half way happy with them.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

That answered my question... And yes it does kinda run itself fairly well.......Thank you....
      Last edited by Tattooo; 03-30-2015, 6:31 PM.

Comment

• Pendulum
        • Jul 2011

You know... I could just build some shit that auto-cleanses the classifieds for you guys...

Want posts older than a year gone? Cron job that runs every night, and if the date of an ad is greater than 1 year in the past, it gets axed.
        3 posts per day limit? Check how many posts a user has made to the classifieds since 12:00 AM. If greater than or equal to 3, show a page that tells 'em to pump their brakes.
        Have some required information you want every post to have? That'd take a little work, but it's do-able.

Comment

• Allen
          • Apr 2024

Well, the works done now! Where were you a month ago. Ha ha, thanks and kinda just kidding. We don't touch code here... or write it... or whatever the jargon' is proper.

Comment

• Allen
            • Apr 2024

So we're starting to see a few people, one or two a day, blatantly ignore the guidelines (rules) for posting classifieds.

I'm not about to start sending any type of warning PM's so don't expect it.

One of two things is going to happen. A.) I simply delete all your classifieds or B.) (repeat A) and then block you from posting any future classifieds.

Please take the (approx.) one minute necessary to read the rules on our classifieds and follow them.

Questions regarding "what happened to my classifieds?" are going to go unanswered. Consider THIS your only response.

Comment

• gunslngrx
              • Jul 2013

Deleting old post that are no longer current is great.. I thank you for that attention..

But please can we return to the old format..

This new version simply shows a chopped up pic without any description.. I don't know is there's a pun intended there or not.i find this new format extremely anoying.. When you have to tap or click the pic of a nice bike hopping its for sale , only to find out the guys only selling the kickstand.
              What the ?

Comment

• Allen
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by gunslngrx
                Deleting old post that are no longer current is great.. I thank you for that attention..

But please can we return to the old format..

This new version simply shows a chopped up pic without any description.. I don't know is there's a pun intended there or not.i find this new format extremely anoying.. When you have to tap or click the pic of a nice bike hopping its for sale , only to find out the guys only selling the kickstand.
                What the ?
                No more than we can go back to the horse & buggy of yesteryear. Shit advances on the internet with programming and options that are offered... we can only hold onto the past for so long.

If you've had paypal for the last several years, you've seen the changes...

Same with Flickr and a ton of other sites... you might not like it. I might not like it. But there's no going backwards...

As for some of the issues, you are having, I do not have those same issues, "tap or click a pic" ? Are you on a desktop or phone? If you're on a phone, there's even MORE advances and updates that happen every time you update you apps, so that where we're at.

...Basiclly.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;