X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wastedyouth2542
    • May 2014

kickstand help 86 vt700

Here is my dirty ass bike:

My kickstand is not only too long since I lowered the bike, but it's the lowest point on my bike and drags while riding it. Making it shorter would be a piece of cake, which would allow my bike to not stand straight up when parked, but the bracket itself is so low on the frame. The problem is, my exhaust is in the way of just cutting it off of the frame and rotating it up. I could remake the exhaust but i'd rather not at this point as it's riding season and I have plans for this next time winter comes around. Anyone have any ideas for me? For some reason this kickstand is fucking with me. I haven't thought of a solution i like yet.
    Last edited by wastedyouth2542; 03-26-2015, 6:39 AM.
  • billybiltit
    • Aug 2009

heat it and bend it out some ???

leon

Comment

• wastedyouth2542
      • May 2014

i could do that to get the bike to lean more, but it'll still drag when riding it. The bracket the kickstand bolts to, (the part welded to the frame) is super low on this bike and is actually dangerous. The bracket needs cut off and moved or something somehow. Just not really sure where to put it that doesn't look stupid and is out of the way.

Comment

• steve73
        • Dec 2012

Your bike sits way higher than my bike. My kickstand feels like its only 2 inches long!

Comment

• wastedyouth2542
          • May 2014

i've since fixed this. It was the actual mount the kickstand bolts to, it was about 1/2" too long and would hit if you leaned the bike. I trimmed it off, then shortened the kickstand 2". Perfect now, the only thing that will touch the ground is the pegs.

Comment

• billybiltit
            • Aug 2009

glad you got it worked out.

leon

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;