Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boredomtodeath
    • Mar 2013

'96 Sportster XL1200C build

This is my first "proper" build and also my first Harley. The bike was pretty much stock when I got it, had some scratches on the tank and the rear section of the frame needed some bending.Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_nkt7uw10tV1sxg8ymo1_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	1337632

Right now the bike's getting the bolt on treatment. Burly slammer kit, Biltwell 8'' bars and seat, Lowbrow fender etc. Planning on giving the bike a proper paint job next year, the black is a temporary solution. It will also get a modest sissy bar, I'll attach the break light and number there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_nln0ovyKiq1sxg8ymo2_1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	1337633

Would love to hear what you guys think, maybe you have some tips for a new Harley owner or something
  • billybiltit
    • Aug 2009

nice transformation

leon

Comment

• boredomtodeath
      • Mar 2013

This is how it looks right now. The front light sit a lil bit too high for my liking, going to fix that. Note sure how I'm going to mount the tank, maybe do a tank lift. Seat is going to be attached later this week and next week I want to be done with the sissy bar. And the front needs to be dropped. I have to do something to the tank too, the plain black is just too boring and makes the already larger tank look huge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 24.03.15 15 03.44.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1281060

Comment

• fckstock
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by boredomtodeath
        This is my first "proper" build and also my first Harley. The bike was pretty much stock when I got it, had some scratches on the tank and the rear section of the frame needed some bending.[ATTACH=CONFIG]58126[/ATTACH]

Right now the bike's getting the bolt on treatment. Burly slammer kit, Biltwell 8'' bars and seat, Lowbrow fender etc. Planning on giving the bike a proper paint job next year, the black is a temporary solution. It will also get a modest sissy bar, I'll attach the break light and number there.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]58127[/ATTACH]

Would love to hear what you guys think, maybe you have some tips for a new Harley owner or something
        Your off to a good start man. I would consider getting a seat from Old Gold Garage and a Frisco Wassell or small peanut tank.
        You most definitely need to shave those fender struts down.
        Keep it up,your doing a good job.....

Comment

• boredomtodeath
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by fckstock
          Your off to a good start man. I would consider getting a seat from Old Gold Garage and a Frisco Wassell or small peanut tank.
          You most definitely need to shave those fender struts down.
          Keep it up,your doing a good job.....
          I've got a Biltwell slimline seat that I'm gonna put on it. I really want to put a smaller tank on it, but I kinda need the bigger capacity. Oh and the struts are definitely going to be cut, just waiting for my sissy bar

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;