Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derrickc
    • Jan 2015

21 inch classic tire selection

I'm in the very slow process of fixing up and trying to get my bike how I want it.. I've seen a bunch of bikes with the old school Firestone tires that Coker makes and I decided that's the route I wanted to go but they don't make one that'll fit my front wheel.. The tire on it now is a Dunlop MH90-21 and I want to got the old school look but I can't find a tire that'll look right with the Coker rear..
    Any suggestions?
  • daroberts3
    • Dec 2012

Avon speedmaster duh

Comment

• Pendulum
      • Jul 2011

The only one I know of is the Avon Speedmaster or whatever it's called.

Comment

• derrickc
        • Jan 2015

Well damn.. I searched and searched and I don't now how I couldn't find that on my own.. Thanks guys.. Much appreciated.
        Also just wondering about something I called the stealership just bc I was curious how much they would charge for a set of tires plus mount and balance. . $750.. Is that not ridiculous?

Comment

• CarloFreeze
          • Jun 2013

That is ridiculous. Figure you can get the 21" Avon tire for under $100. For the rear tire, depending on size, it's worth looking into the Shinko 270S or 240 model because they have a similar look, but cost a lot less and work just as well as a Firestone from everyone I know that's used them. They can be had for about $85 generally online.

So figure like $200 for the tires, then bring it to a real shop, not a dealership, and get them mounted and balanced for about $40 - $50 a tire. It's always cheaper to take just the wheels to a place instead of the whole bike. You should be getting the whole shit done for less that half that price.

Comment

• Beefdrippings
            • Sep 2009

Comment

• derrickc
              • Jan 2015

I also asked about if i just brought them the wheels and tires and they wouldn't give me an answer.. I live out in the sticks so my options are pretty limited but i called another dealership/shop about an hour away and they said that it would be $100.. still seems high to me for a mount and balance..

Comment

• Ember
                • May 2010

If you have a dirtbike shop in the area, they can most likely do them there, too.

Comment

• boomboomthump
                  • Oct 2013

You mentioned you wanted Firestone vintage tires. Coker sells the Firestone 21" on their website.

Aside from that you have Avon and Shinko options as well as Allstate which you can get from VCP (link above).

Comment

• Beefdrippings
                    • Sep 2009

Any bike shop can do it.

Comment

• boomboomthump
                      • Oct 2013

Dirtbike shops around me will do a set for $50-55. I do them by hand anyway.

Harley bends you the hell over because they cater to the guys with deep pockets and soft hands.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;