CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Ok what the hell did I do Wrong?

Rebuilt my 930 Amal installed it on the bike today and it won't seem to tickle.Ive rebuilt my cv carb on my Harley many times so didn't think the Amal would be much different.So what did I do Wrong?

Get Adobe Flash player

If tickling doesn't produce the flood it should, the needle is somehow not unseating or the float adjustment is grossly out. Some things to check:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=57069

Get Adobe Flash player

A lot of useful info on below link. As Farmall states , if you put in new tickler its most likely set it up to high so its not engaging float

http://www.jba.bc.ca/Bushmans%20Carb%20Tuning.html

Get Adobe Flash player

I noticed a threaded hole on the underside of the carb.Looked it up and some carbs had a screw in pilot jet wondering if it had one at one time but didn't see any sizes in the manual for replacement.

Get Adobe Flash player

The bike would kick and run but unless I gave it constant throttle it would die thats the main reason I tore into the carb.Also the choke has been removed and capped with a screw by someone at one time.

Get Adobe Flash player

that threaded hole is where they used to put the pilot jet in 1968/69, but then they moved it to the inside position.

the way your bike runs sounds like the pilot jet is still plugged. shooting carb cleaner into the hole won't do any good, you need to punch through the jet wit a piece of wire or an actual pilot jet cleaning tool.

Get Adobe Flash player

I went ahead and replaced all the jets before I put it back on replaced the air and mixture screws and all gaskets and o rings I measured the float just now and I'm getting .045 thousands so I need to adjust that but didn't think it being shallow would affect it tickling.I also changed the filter in the banjo nut.after reinstalling the carb on the bike I couldn't get the carb to tickle so I never did get the bike started to see if the rebuild helped with the stalling.When I removed the needle I didn't pay attention to what groove the needle clip was in so I just put it in the middle don't know if that could be why it won't tickle?
    Last edited by Sds1973; 03-23-2015 at 7:43 AM.

Share This