Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lvvato
    • Aug 2009

Any info on this Shovel?

Does anyone have any info on this Shovel? Know who owns and/or built it? I'm looking for frame demensions. I want to do something very similar to my Shovel.

Thanks in advance!

• Kyle2590
    • Dec 2013

If your looking for something close to that looks like a slight negative rake. Check out noise cycles tiny dancer its a blue slabside shovel. They should be able to help out with those demensions

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

It looks kinda like a Mullins Chaindrive Witchfinder frame. The top motor mount is different and the rear loop is different .
      But you could contact Brandon and ask .

Comment

• lvvato
        • Aug 2009

Yeah, I looked at The Mullins frame and it looks the same, but the dimensions are definitely different from what they have on their website. Still looking for any info...

Comment

• boomboomthump
          • Oct 2013

Mullins doesn't use those rear axle plates, motor mount, etc. and the bends look different.

I was going to say it was a D&Z Engineering frame as they were making those Wayne style frames last year but that top motor mount is also not their style.

Could be a one-off, could be made by any one of the handful or two of folks who were making those frame over the last 10-20 years.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by boomboomthump
            Mullins doesn't use those rear axle plates, motor mount, etc. and the bends look different.

I was going to say it was a D&Z Engineering frame as they were making those Wayne style frames last year but that top motor mount is also not their style.

Could be a one-off, could be made by any one of the handful or two of folks who were making those frame over the last 10-20 years.
            thats a freddy hernandez frame
            that bike is local to me. i just did a bike over for the guy that used to own that bike.

Comment

• lvvato
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SyndicateChoppers
              thats a freddy hernandez frame
              that bike is local to me. i just did a bike over for the guy that used to own that bike.
              Hey Syndicate, I'm just trying to get some frame dimensions. Don't need to talk to the guy, but just looking for some past threads or Instagram photos or something where someone shouted out frame info. I'll look for some Freddy info, but if you have anything that would help, I much appreciate it!

Comment

• boomboomthump
                • Oct 2013

Funny, I was going to suggest that as I know he used to make the ones just like that for the defunct "Foundation Customs" in 2004 or so but those had enclosed axle plates w/ covers on them.

I'm sure he made one off's for people outside of the ones he built for Foundation.

Anyway, sounds like you might be able to get the specs he's looking for.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by lvvato
                  Hey Syndicate, I'm just trying to get some frame dimensions. Don't need to talk to the guy, but just looking for some past threads or Instagram photos or something where someone shouted out frame info. I'll look for some Freddy info, but if you have anything that would help, I much appreciate it!
                  no build thread on it and it was done before instagram was a thing.
                  it looks like a 30 deg neck and around 5" up and 2" out
                  plenty of guys out there that do these style frames
                  save the pic and send it to them and tell them thats what you want.
                  i wouldnt recommend freddy though. his turn around time is awful and he has been known to fuck up on orders by not building to customers specs

Comment

• Supertouch
                    • Aug 2009

Yup Freddy h did the frame It's 6 up 0 out and 28 deg of rake, wish I kept that one..but we know how that goes

Comment

• lvvato
                      • Aug 2009

Thanks Supertouch! That frame is so fucking spot on ! I appreciate you chiming in!!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;