X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newbe21
    • Mar 2015

Payments in classified

How do people buy and sell stuff on the classifieds.....if parts need to be mailed... Do you pay before you receive? Half before half when received?
  • JuiceJames
    • Feb 2013

Depends what you work out with the seller/buyer.

Comment

• JRyan
      • Jul 2012

Ive been buying and selling on the internet for a many many years. Ive never bought anything without paying in full first, and ive never sold anything without recieving full payment before shipping. Cant speak for others, but ive only been screwed one, and that was on ebay. Ive had good experience here.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JRyan
        but ive only been screwed one, and that was on ebay. Ive had good experience here.

Was that as a seller?

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Newbe21
          How do people buy and sell stuff on the classifieds.....if parts need to be mailed... Do you pay before you receive? Half before half when received?

LOL Just like everywhere else you buy stuff..... Walmart, the grocery store etc..... You pay for it then you can take it home..... LOL

LOL Oh yea you can always drive where the part is and pay for it in person......

Comment

• PittZero
            • May 2012

The most common way is to use paypal then the buyer is protected. Unless you send money as a gift option in paypal then your just taking a chance no different then sending cash in the mail.

Comment

• goofyfoot2001
              • Apr 2014

I actually just won a bid last month for a keyboard that was worth about $200 and I won with $40 bid. The guy never sent it so I filed my complaint with ebay after the alotted time had passed and they refunded my money. Not sure if how they get their money back from the dude and don't care :-) But yep, I pay first on the buying side and get paid first on the shipping side.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                • Sep 2013

Paypal the money as goods and services. Offer to add the %3 fee they charge to the seller. If they have a problem with this, do not purchase.

Comment

• Allen
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Newbe21
                  It's a choice you make between yourself and the seller.

Paypal is an option. You can choose any paypal method you like. I used to tell people "never send money as a gift" but (hopefully) you're an adult and should already be smart enough to know you'll have no recourse if you do so when you get screwed.

Do NOT send money through PayPal as a GIFT for payment on any classified. • We highly recommend that you use a escrow service (such as www.escrow.com) for large amounts to prevent fraudulent deals; it gives the Buyer the chance to get his/her money back before funds are released to the seller.

There are other options.

Do not mail the item. Cash in hand when you pick up the item in person.

Checks if the buyer agrees. Snail mail still gets delivered 6 days a week in most rural areas.

Chicken exchange if you're in a country who's current monetary currency is not as solid as it should be or once was.

I think this thread is closed.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;