Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worryman
    • Apr 2014

another sporty cv jet thread

Hey guys needs some help, couldn't find anything searching threads. My 95 883 is having some problems. It has a stock motor. Running over 60mph it floods itself. Stalls out and some gas collects from the carb in the bottom of the air cleaner cover. It runs great under 60, not a drop of gas in air cleaner cover. I've got a 165 main jet and a 45 slow. Am I running too big? I figure the 165 is pretty close to where it should be so is the 45 the problem? or is it something totally different?
  • shiteater
    • Jul 2014

Well stock jets for 95 are 40/160 so if your bikes stock I would start with that and adjust from there.

Comment

• KG
      • Dec 2012

I run a 195/45or48 depending on exhaust. I would say 40 or 42 would b much more of a fit on an 883... My bike is 1200 heavily ported xb12 heads and one off exhaust.

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

What exhaust are you using? Could be some reversion going on.
        The slow jet will not effect what you are describing. The main jet circuit is where you are at with this problem.
        Also set, not check, the float height

Comment

• worryman
          • Apr 2014

Stock exhaust with the crossover pipe. I'll get a hold of the stock jet sizes and start from their.

Comment

• Crowe138
            • Oct 2013

Your main jet might off rattled out and be sitting in the bottom of the bowl, lettin tons of fuel in once the needles up. Choke might not be sealing up all the way. Air passage way to the main circuit emulsion tube might be clogged.

Comment

• worryman
              • Apr 2014

There was a 180 main jet. Tried a 165 and it did the same thing. Going to get a hold of a 160 and a 40 slow. If it was the float would it be flooding all of the time?

Comment

• worryman
                • Apr 2014

Put a 40 slow in it and no flooding or gas out of the air cleaner. Going to try to get a 160 main to see how I like it next. Just glad it's drivable now.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;